The Student Room Group

I haven't revised for my exam tomorrow, and I'm panicking not sure what to do

I've got my maths a-level exam tomorrow (edexcel) but I have not revised for it yet, I've been trying to start but I just have an overwhelming sense of panic that I just can't put down because I know I'm going to fail since I'm just so clueless.

I know I'm a complete idiot, and I'm so so screwed. I'm trying my best to revise now but it's far too late. I'm so sorry for imposing my problems on to you guys but I'm honestly having suicidal/depressing thoughts about it since I will not be able to retake the exam again.

I just don't know what to do.
You've got this, you can do it!! I believe in you :smile:

Start revising now, play some chill music to help you relax and just attempt some questions - even if it's just a few.

Doing something now is better than nothing, good luck!!
Do as Mythology suggest.

It's only an exam and it's entirely possible to re-sit it, although not for a year. My niece did so a few years back, converted her D to an A through self study, and is now completing her MA (in History, but hey ho, nobody's perfect:wink:)
Go through the textbook and make a list of all the bits you aren’t sure about. Go through that list and watch YouTube tutorials on each of them for as long as you can manage. I’m in exactly the same position as you and that’s what I’m about to do haha
Original post by dankmemer69
I've got my maths a-level exam tomorrow (edexcel) but I have not revised for it yet, I've been trying to start but I just have an overwhelming sense of panic that I just can't put down because I know I'm going to fail since I'm just so clueless.

I know I'm a complete idiot, and I'm so so screwed. I'm trying my best to revise now but it's far too late. I'm so sorry for imposing my problems on to you guys but I'm honestly having suicidal/depressing thoughts about it since I will not be able to retake the exam again.

I just don't know what to do.
Reply 4
I can't resit it anymore, it's just not possible.

I'm trying to go through the entire textbook, but there's just so much and it's so overwhelming. It's gotten to the point where I look at past papers and I look at the question and just realise, that I'm so, so done for.

I think I broke down for 10 minutes and started questioning my entire existence and what I been doing with my life until now. It's like you know your own death is coming but there's nothing you can do but sit through it. I dread everything about tomorrow, the exam, the hall, the people, post-exam.

I'm wallowing in self-pity right now, but it's the only thing that I seem to be able to do right.

Why not?
Reply 6
Because I've already done it once, doing it again is physically not possible.
Original post by dextrous63
Why not?
Because I've already done it once, doing it again is physically not possible.

OK. Well, all you can do is to either do as Mythology suggests or accept you fate for tomorrow, try to get some sleep and just do what you can do.

You've still got nearly a week to prepare for the other papers, I think, and you'll be able to do some damage limitation over the next few days.

Who knows, some kind of adrenalin might kick in tomorrow and it might not be as disastrous as you fear.

I'm trying to go through the entire textbook, but there's just so much and it's so overwhelming. It's gotten to the point where I look at past papers and I look at the question and just realise, that I'm so, so done for.

I think I broke down for 10 minutes and started questioning my entire existence and what I been doing with my life until now. It's like you know your own death is coming but there's nothing you can do but sit through it. I dread everything about tomorrow, the exam, the hall, the people, post-exam.

I'm wallowing in self-pity right now, but it's the only thing that I seem to be able to do right.

me right now

Quick Reply

Latest