The Student Room Group

Crash Bandicoot Appreciation/Nostalgia Thread?

ITT we remember why Crash Bandicoot is the ****. That is all.

edit later for some fun ooga-booga masks and sounds

OST on page 3

GUYZ WE HAVE A CRASH SOC! :awesome:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2925
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

this will change how you play/look at Crash Bandicoot forever

[video="youtube;uJzsnAF6yUI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJzsnAF6yUI[/video]
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
this will change how you play/look at Crash Bandicoot forever

[video="youtube;uJzsnAF6yUI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJzsnAF6yUI[/video]

pls I don't like shock videos I have a heart condition
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
pls I don't like shock videos I have a heart condition

:confused: anyway Warped and the one on the GBA are the only Crash Bandicoot games I've played
:confused: anyway Warped and the one on the GBA are the only Crash Bandicoot games I've played

you should play 1 2 and CTR they are THE ****

OK you said the Warped video would blow my mind-but it is not a conspiracy theory inappropriate at a sleep-deprived hour or shock video with a screaming banshee lady who suddenly pops up to give you a heart attack?

OK you said the Warped video would blow my mind-but it is not a conspiracy theory inappropriate at a sleep-deprived hour or shock video with a screaming banshee lady who suddenly pops up to give you a heart attack?

No, it's someone doing a speedrun of it and completing it in 49 minutes. It's just pretty cool sometimes to see how people exploit bugs/glitches in games to beat them so quickly and usually when you play the game again you get lots of new methods to try.
(edited 9 years ago)
No, it's someone doing a speedrun of it and completing it in 49 minutes.

pretty impressive! My PB is 2 hours on Cortex Strikes Back at a friend's house, kudos
pretty impressive! My PB is 2 hours on Cortex Strikes Back at a friend's house, kudos

The world record for that is 44 minutes :tongue:
The world record for that is 44 minutes :tongue:

**** me got to see that
Reply 9
Can I just say that this is my favourite thread on TSR.

Truer words have never been spoken. The original is my favourite game of all time.

Talking of speed runs, I had a crack a few years back at the world record speed run for Crash Bandicoot 1, kept getting undone by Slippery Climb every goddamn time!

There was even a level that got deleted from the final version of the game that was a harder version of Slippery Climb - 'Stormy Ascent':

[video="youtube;m6NWqHp5ehQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6NWqHp5ehQ[/video]
I remember playing some CB on PS1 and PS2 as a kid, but never completed and I don't even recall which games they were.

Let me google to try rejog my memory:
---
Oh okay yes I played CB (first game) on PS1 as a kid - though a few years after it came out cause..it came out the year I was born what the hell I feel odd.

And on PS2 I played Wrath Of Cortex - though a few years after again cause it came out 2001 what the hell

Great I feel old. But yeah if I still had a console I would probably buy a few more of the crash games they were fun
Reply 11
Original post by Onde
Would be awesome if they was a sequel to Crash Team Racing.

There was, Crash Nitro Kart, for PS2. It was garbage compared to CTR though
Reply 12
Original post by c.t.14
There was, Crash Nitro Kart, for PS2. It was garbage compared to CTR though

I quite liked Nitro Kart! That was the last Crash game I bought though, the rest all looked crap. Wrath of Cotex's loading times were RIDICULOUS.

Bought CTR on the Playstation Network in December since I can't find the disc anywhere, yet I have the empty case for it, :mad: it definitely looks its age now though. :frown: I want an updated version comparable to Mario Kart!

Warp Orb > Blue Shell anyday, especially since it would hit everyone ahead of you if you were juiced :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Stacks
I quite liked Nitro Kart! That was the last Crash game I bought though, the rest all looked crap. Wrath of Cotex's loading times were RIDICULOUS.

Bought CTR on the Playstation Network in December since I can't find the disc anywhere, yet I have the empty case for it, :mad: it definitely looks its age now though. :frown: I want an updated version comparable to Mario Kart!

On reflection, Nitro Kart was quite similar to CTR, but I just never got into it - it just wasn't the same. Maybe because it wasn't made by Naughty Dog anymore, I don't know, it just never captured my imagination like CTR did.

I think the loading times were so long because they rushed development of the game to get it released, the first Spyro game on PS2 was the same if you ever played that.

Original post by Stacks
Warp Orb > Blue Shell anyday, especially since it would hit everyone ahead of you if you were juiced :biggrin:

Haha that takes me back! My favourite weapon was the clock, that would slow down time for everyone else! Shame you only got that when you were last/second last :tongue:
Anyone remember Spyro the Dragon? (before skylander days!)
Reply 15
Original post by lotusbloom
Anyone remember Spyro the Dragon? (before skylander days!)

Crash and Spyro were my childhood. If they ever went back to their roots (i.e. Crash breaking boxes, collecting crystals and gems and Spyro collecting gems and dragon eggs) I would buy those games in an instant.
Reply 16
Original post by c.t.14
On reflection, Nitro Kart was quite similar to CTR, but I just never got into it - it just wasn't the same. Maybe because it wasn't made by Naughty Dog anymore, I don't know, it just never captured my imagination like CTR did.

I think the loading times were so long because they rushed development of the game to get it released, the first Spyro game on PS2 was the same if you ever played that.

Haha that takes me back! My favourite weapon was the clock, that would slow down time for everyone else! Shame you only got that when you were last/second last :tongue:

Enter the Dragonfly was my first game on the PS2 haha, I didn't think it was that bad with the loading times, but I'd never had a Spyro game before so probably didn't know any better.

I used to always play CTR or CNK with my brother or sister so I quite enjoyed Nitro Kart when you were playing multiplayer as you could be on the same team and whenever you were close to each other you could 'charge up'. Once you were fully charged you'd go into a frenzy and keep getting power ups until you ran out of charge. Was great!

CTR is definitely my favourite of the two though. My favourite power up would probably be the Aku Aku mask. Definitely didn't use it to knock any of my siblings off the track in Hot Air Skyway :mwuaha:

Did you ever play Crash Bash? It never seems to get much love from fans but I quite enjoyed it. Some of the games/levels were so frustrating though haha
Original post by c.t.14
Crash and Spyro were my childhood. If they ever went back to their roots (i.e. Crash breaking boxes, collecting crystals and gems and Spyro collecting gems and dragon eggs) I would buy those games in an instant.

Haha I had happy tears in my eyes reading that :biggrin: Bring back the good old days!
Reply 18
Original post by Stacks
Enter the Dragonfly was my first game on the PS2 haha, I didn't think it was that bad with the loading times, but I'd never had a Spyro game before so probably didn't know any better.

I used to always play CTR or CNK with my brother or sister so I quite enjoyed Nitro Kart when you were playing multiplayer as you could be on the same team and whenever you were close to each other you could 'charge up'. Once you were fully charged you'd go into a frenzy and keep getting power ups until you ran out of charge. Was great!

CTR is definitely my favourite of the two though. My favourite power up would probably be the Aku Aku mask. Definitely didn't use it to knock any of my siblings off the track in Hot Air Skyway :mwuaha:

Did you ever play Crash Bash? It never seems to get much love from fans but I quite enjoyed it. Some of the games/levels were so frustrating though haha

Yeah the load times on Enter the Dragonfly were really bad, that was the last true Spyro game though, it diversified into some other bull**** genre after that.

I loved Crash Bash (I loved all PS1 Crash's), it was more of a party game though, for maximum enjoyment you really needed to play it with someone else, there was even the 2 player story mode you could do. This level was the one that I despised the most:

[video="youtube;b_6thPZdrpc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_6thPZdrpc[/video]
Reply 19
Original post by lotusbloom
Haha I had happy tears in my eyes reading that :biggrin: Bring back the good old days!

I'll have happy tears in my eyes if they ever do make a comeback - they should have remastered the original trilogies for Crash and Spyro like they did for Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank, it would be a dream come true!

:moon:

Quick Reply

Latest