The Student Room Group

Which one is better? Uni of Manchester, Edinburgh, City University (Cass) & Durham?

Hey guys:colondollar:I'm Chinese. I really need some advice about British universities. I am applying to University of Edinburgh, Uni of Manchester and City University (Cass Business School) and Uni of Durham. Could you please give me all info about these universities?
Edinburgh is extremely beautiful and high reputation while Manchester has more attractive teaching support in Accounting & Finance (Undergraduate), also high rate of Chinese.I am not sure about Cass business school (high reputation in the UK but uncertain in "Banking & International Finance" in the UG) although I love London so much. Durham is small but charming and quite.
Welcome any advice, sincerely. Thanks !
I dont know about the buisness side bt i do nursing at city and its awsome with alot of different people from all walks of life. I enjoy everyday😃😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by nasra muhidin
I dont know about the buisness side bt i do nursing at city and its awsome with alot of different people from all walks of life. I enjoy everyday😃😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank your reply. I know a student who's learning law in City either. City uni is so popular among native British, isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
From the uni as a whole point of view its probably edinburgh or durham. City University is not that great as a whole, but CASS is alright.

Have you considered the other london unis if you love london so much?

Manchester is full of the chinese who didnt get into UCL/LSE/ICL/KCL for economics/maths/business/finance/engineering imo (I've been there myself and have friends there).

Durham is pretty good imo...but pretty far from the capital obvs
Reply 4
Original post by solarplexus
From the uni as a whole point of view its probably edinburgh or durham. City University is not that great as a whole, but CASS is alright.

Have you considered the other london unis if you love london so much?

Manchester is full of the chinese who didnt get into UCL/LSE/ICL/KCL for economics/maths/business/finance/engineering imo (I've been there myself and have friends there).

Durham is pretty good imo...but pretty far from the capital obvs

Thanks so much! I love London definitely, however, I am shocked by these top five universities admission conditions thereby giving them up. I am trying to contact with LSE and struggle for the little opportunity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shangboyang
Hey guys:colondollar:I'm Chinese. I really need some advice about British universities. I am applying to University of Edinburgh, Uni of Manchester and City University (Cass Business School) and Uni of Durham. Could you please give me all info about these universities?
Edinburgh is extremely beautiful and high reputation while Manchester has more attractive teaching support in Accounting & Finance (Undergraduate), also high rate of Chinese.I am not sure about Cass business school (high reputation in the UK but uncertain in "Banking & International Finance" in the UG) although I love London so much. Durham is small but charming and quite.
Welcome any advice, sincerely. Thanks !

Note that Durham's business courses are not located in the 'small but charming' city of Durham, but 25 miles away in the rather uncharming town of Stockton.
Durham >> Cass/Manchester/Edinburugh
Original post by shangboyang
Thank your reply. I know a student who's learning law in City either. City uni is so popular among native British, isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at Cass. Like 50%+ international students.
Reply 8
If you look at rankings and acceptance rates per uni edinburgh really stands out... I was going to apply to it for doing management but stopped it when I saw the entry requirements and acceptance rate (10.7%)... And it is consistenly ranked across the best unis in the uk. However the other unis seem all quite good also.
Edinburgh is 4 years and charge higher fees for international than many other universities, so .....
Manchester Business School is excellent and has an amazing international reputation. The other unis are good too, but they're not particularly well-known for business. For instance, Durham is obviously a great uni, but it's better in law/english/etc rather than business.
As for Cass, I think they're more renowned for their postgraduate studies. And Edinburgh is also good, but it's for four years so it's definitely more expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Manchester or Nottingham for Business/Finance? The latter school fees are a good 25-30% cheaper for an international student though...
Reply 12
What do you guys think about actuarial science in Manchester vs Cass?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending