The Student Room Group

Why do my friends always forget about me?

Hi:smile: I'm 16 and I'm at sixth form. I have quite a few friends, but not really any 'close' friends. I'm always there for my friends, even if they've done something to annoy me I'll always be the one to talk to them no matter what and keep all their secrets. But basically, last week I arranged a catch up with some of my friends from sixth form and a couple others who go to another college. We had a great time and it was the first time in ages I felt properly included. Now, me stuck at home those friends have put pictures of themselves on snapchat and where I can see them of all of them out together having a great time. I know that people say it's social media's fault... but either way I'm devastated! It happened with my other friends as well. They all have catch ups together like every other Friday night and never invite me. But when they want something, or they have no one else to talk to they come crawling back. Why??!! Is it worth me being a nice person? I've considered dropping out of sixth form... because of all these problems with my friends but also because I'm doing dreadful at my AS levels and I've done terribly in every single test or mock exam even though I revise for ages. I hope you could give me some advice.. thank-you so much!!!
oh so familiar! I went through this exact thing! only bothered with you at certain times! it's horrible isn't it? I'd honestly just ride it out, please please focus on school and get your grades! i did that and ended up at uni with so many wonderful people! you're only 16! you will look back and realise how little their friendship meant as you get older! just focus on school and don't let them know it's getting to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by helengeorge96
oh so familiar! I went through this exact thing! only bothered with you at certain times! it's horrible isn't it? I'd honestly just ride it out, please please focus on school and get your grades! i did that and ended up at uni with so many wonderful people! you're only 16! you will look back and realise how little their friendship meant as you get older! just focus on school and don't let them know it's getting to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank-you so much! It's good to know that someone like yourself has been through the exact same thing:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi:smile: I'm 16 and I'm at sixth form. I have quite a few friends, but not really any 'close' friends. I'm always there for my friends, even if they've done something to annoy me I'll always be the one to talk to them no matter what and keep all their secrets. But basically, last week I arranged a catch up with some of my friends from sixth form and a couple others who go to another college. We had a great time and it was the first time in ages I felt properly included. Now, me stuck at home those friends have put pictures of themselves on snapchat and where I can see them of all of them out together having a great time. I know that people say it's social media's fault... but either way I'm devastated! It happened with my other friends as well. They all have catch ups together like every other Friday night and never invite me. But when they want something, or they have no one else to talk to they come crawling back. Why??!! Is it worth me being a nice person? I've considered dropping out of sixth form... because of all these problems with my friends but also because I'm doing dreadful at my AS levels and I've done terribly in every single test or mock exam even though I revise for ages. I hope you could give me some advice.. thank-you so much!!!

I had similar issues in high school. I never had one just "best" friend, but maybe about 4 pretty close friends who all had other really close friends too. All the time things would happen at lunch where I'd text them and they'd have already left off campus, despite me normally eating with them...I'd be left to wander the hallways awkwardly or go home for a bit. In college I would go to parties with one of them (we were a trio but one of us had strangely strict parents) and my other friend wasn't allowed. Then at some point my friend lost her restrictions, and then those two stopped inviting me, or at least I'd always be sort of an add-on.
I'm no longer friends with any of them really... When I see their snapchats they're always selfies, them partying, posing and doing stupid stuff. Don't have many close college friends because I'm so busy but all the people I've met in class have seemed great.
Hi! This is happening to me at the moment too. For the past couple of years I have watched my friends go out and spend time together and never bother to even send an invite my way. I feel like they rub it in my face by posting pictures on every social media website that they can and have even said to me in the past "Oh, you should have come" Well I would have, if you had bothered to invite me, you know? I just feel like its very inconsiderate because when I invite people to do something I invite them all because I know how it feels to be left out but I never understand how they can go out and not invite others! Anyway... since they have all gone off to university (I'm taking a gap year) I have realised that none of them even bother to talk to me, unless they need something. So my advice is to just get rid of them, they are not real friends and they will only continue to make you feel awful, you don't need that in your life.
my friends always ignore me and I do not know what to do I need help. I don't understand what I have done to them t make them hate me

Focus on your studies soon you will head off to University and you will never speak to them ever again.If they do not want to be your friend then don't force yourself upon them there will be someone who will desire your company and friendship just as much as you do and they will be faithful and a phone call away these people are not those sort of people.They are not worth your time they will be the ones missing out not you.I am sure you are a very nice person and they will be the ones missing out on the privilege of being in your presence and company.Don't worry about it if they don't appreciate you then don't waste your time and energy on those people they clearly don't know when there is something good (you) even if it sat on their face.
Original post by bethansianrow
my friends always ignore me and I do not know what to do I need help. I don't understand what I have done to them t make them hate me

They are not friends if they don't value your friendship and company I would not waste my energy upon them they will be missing out not you if you are not their friend.Trust me I used to chase people giving a friendship my all and they did not even care about our friendship.It is something wrong with them if they cannot see the value of being your friend not with you i would not be friends with these people you probably will never see them again when you leave your school.

nah dont drop out because of some hoes. This is what you're gonna do. You're gonna go through everything you done wrong and your gonna get sikk grades. Then you're gonna act as prestige as f when you do start getting dem sikk grades. Be a stuck up **** and own it g

Humans are proper idiots but you just have to put up with it because they're all around you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Basicly, I have the same prob. I have been friends with a lit of people that just made new friends and forgot about me. And that really tears me down. For example, I have a rly rly good friend and she got another friends and she just replaced me. She only talks to her, would leave me in the middle of a converation... and another
I guess i'm pretty late now.But anyway, next time you don't feel included or feel annoyed by them tell them. This will make you closer to them or make them leave you out even more. Depends on what kind of friends they were.Ready for the risk?You can only become close friends with someone when they really know you and accept you despite your quirks😊.........
I suffer fom the same problem though!😂
(edited 6 years ago)
All my secondary friends are also having a great time at sixth form and college, and I feel as if i am the only one who is not enjoying herself.
Hey, im 13 and i noticed the same thing. Usually what happens is is they are all in a call , i asked to be invited but im totally ignored. what i have decided to do is not bother with them wht so ever, and if they message me and ask me why i have been gone, or offer to invite me, ill know they are true friends. if not, ill know i was being used. try the same, it will open up your eyes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending