The Student Room Group

Correct revision method?

Hello,

I am currently studying Biology (OCR), Maths (Edexcel), Physics (Edexcel), Economics (OCR) at As Level and was wondering if this was the correct revision method and would pave a path for me to achieve a high grade. For economics and biology, I read the specification and go through the textbook and answer each point on the specification and understand it. I also go through past papers and see the points were I'm weak at. However, for maths and physics I know that's not the case and I require to actually understand it rather than just memorise it, thus I go through the textbook, Solomon papers and past papers.

Is this the correct way To go about and am I wrong in thinking the specification states the only points I'm allowed to be assessed on? I mean I've gone through the past papers and it seems like the questions are literally the specification points reworded? Anyway I may just be overthinking it but is this the correct way to go about and any other revision methods you may suggest?

Thank you
Original post by unfathomablee
Hello,

I am currently studying Biology (OCR), Maths (Edexcel), Physics (Edexcel), Economics (OCR) at As Level and was wondering if this was the correct revision method and would pave a path for me to achieve a high grade. For economics and biology, I read the specification and go through the textbook and answer each point on the specification and understand it. I also go through past papers and see the points were I'm weak at. However, for maths and physics I know that's not the case and I require to actually understand it rather than just memorise it, thus I go through the textbook, Solomon papers and past papers.

Is this the correct way To go about and am I wrong in thinking the specification states the only points I'm allowed to be assessed on? I mean I've gone through the past papers and it seems like the questions are literally the specification points reworded? Anyway I may just be overthinking it but is this the correct way to go about and any other revision methods you may suggest?

Thank you

There's no correct way to revise. But going through the specification is a great way to start, because they can't ask you anything outside the set specification. You should always use your specification. :smile:
Original post by crozibear96
There's no correct way to revise. But going through the specification is a great way to start, because they can't ask you anything outside the set specification. You should always use your specification. :smile:

Thank you:smile: so if I was to answer all the points that I've answered then I should be fine? Considering they essentially reword the specification points in the exam or apply it to the scenario provided
Original post by unfathomablee
Thank you:smile: so if I was to answer all the points that I've answered then I should be fine? Considering they essentially reword the specification points in the exam or apply it to the scenario provided

If you fully understand every point on your specification, you should be fine. :3
I was wondering the same thing.
If I have answers to all the points on the spec, such as 'explain...' or 'state...', should I be okay for the exams? As well as looking at mark schemes and examiner reports?
Original post by lilacdaisy
I was wondering the same thing.
If I have answers to all the points on the spec, such as 'explain...' or 'state...', should I be okay for the exams? As well as looking at mark schemes and examiner reports?

Yeah I think you should be fine because I've looked at the previous papers and it's literally the point on the spec on an exam paper.
Okay thanks. There's loads of stuff in the textbook, I don't know if I need to remember it all
Original post by lilacdaisy
Okay thanks. There's loads of stuff in the textbook, I don't know if I need to remember it all

Most of it is background information to help you understand it I think other than that it's quite irrelevant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending