The Student Room Group

A-level equipment help

Hi, I'm starting my a-levels in like a week. I'm struggling on what equipment I need. I have got the general stationary and stuff I also have bought a a5 notebook for each of my subjects! Am I crazy?
Thanks
Reply 1
i just finished my a levels and you may also need lever arch folders for every subject (and dividers) depending on how tour school wants you to organise your work, so check the manual for your sixth form. otherwise i’d say, that’s all you really need honestly. if summary notes arent ur favourite method for revision (what im assuming the a5 notebooks are for), get equipment for ur favourite revision method because u will need to revise quite a lot as in a levels there’s a LOT of content and u wont have time in class to go over all of it.

hope that helps :-)
Original post by AbiY_06
Hi, I'm starting my a-levels in like a week. I'm struggling on what equipment I need. I have got the general stationary and stuff I also have bought a a5 notebook for each of my subjects! Am I crazy?
Thanks

heyyy girl well done on getting onto alevels! here is a simple list:
a4 notebooks (personally a4 is too small for me, ur gonna need to write alot so get a bigger notepad)
experiment with which notebooks you like at the begining of the year and then bulk buy the one you like the most
the notebooks i use are oxford campus - these r my fav bc the quality of the paper is so good and ink doesnt seep through the other side, something small like this is very important to take into consideration!
u will need a day folder, this folder should be as big as the lever arch folder (it should be a4 size with a thinner backbone)
a day folder is so that you can have a folder of all your work that week and then when you go home on the weekend u reorganise it and take everything out put them into the correct lever arch folder for that sibject
for all folders you need dividers, so if u take chem for example and it has 20 chapters in the book make sure u get a divider which has 20 divisions
for ur day folder get a divider wich has at least 9 didivisons, 3 for eachs ubject and in each subject u wanna divide it into both ur teachers, ur teachers are most likely going to be teaching different modules at the same so its important u split the teachers up so u dont get confusion
get a nice pencill case and sticky notes r so important
Reply 3
Original post by nellyekz
i just finished my a levels and you may also need lever arch folders for every subject (and dividers) depending on how tour school wants you to organise your work, so check the manual for your sixth form. otherwise i’d say, that’s all you really need honestly. if summary notes arent ur favourite method for revision (what im assuming the a5 notebooks are for), get equipment for ur favourite revision method because u will need to revise quite a lot as in a levels there’s a LOT of content and u wont have time in class to go over all of it.

hope that helps :-)

This is very helpful, thank you. I got the a5 notebooks to use in class as I prefer hand written notes but my school is also providing an ipad for me. I just don't know weather I will use these notebooks!
Reply 4
Original post by jennaa21
heyyy girl well done on getting onto alevels! here is a simple list:
a4 notebooks (personally a4 is too small for me, ur gonna need to write alot so get a bigger notepad)
experiment with which notebooks you like at the begining of the year and then bulk buy the one you like the most
the notebooks i use are oxford campus - these r my fav bc the quality of the paper is so good and ink doesnt seep through the other side, something small like this is very important to take into consideration!
u will need a day folder, this folder should be as big as the lever arch folder (it should be a4 size with a thinner backbone)
a day folder is so that you can have a folder of all your work that week and then when you go home on the weekend u reorganise it and take everything out put them into the correct lever arch folder for that sibject
for all folders you need dividers, so if u take chem for example and it has 20 chapters in the book make sure u get a divider which has 20 divisions
for ur day folder get a divider wich has at least 9 didivisons, 3 for eachs ubject and in each subject u wanna divide it into both ur teachers, ur teachers are most likely going to be teaching different modules at the same so its important u split the teachers up so u dont get confusion
get a nice pencill case and sticky notes r so important

Thank you!!!
This was a very helpful as my sixth form was useless and haven't told me anything with what I need!
Reply 5
Original post by AbiY_06
This is very helpful, thank you. I got the a5 notebooks to use in class as I prefer hand written notes but my school is also providing an ipad for me. I just don't know weather I will use these notebooks!

ohh i see, well you have time to find out what works for you! whatever revision method (if you had one in gcse) worked for you should still work if you adapt it to a levels, because my method for example was making summary pages on each unit of work and then reciting them by heart.

Quick Reply

Latest