The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Parking for Northumbria students

Hey, I'm going to be studying at Northumbria in September (hopefully) and I've tried to apply for a student parking permit but I've been told that they've all been taken now so I'm not 100% sure what my other options are.

I was considering seeing if I could hire somebody's drive as I've been told that's an option but I don't really know how to go about that or if anybody would even let me use their drive!?

If anybody is at Northumbria/Newcastle and knows anything that would help then please reply :smile:
Not a student at any of those unis, but doesn´t it just mean that they´re all taken for THIS school year? I cannot imagine that next years parking permits should be gone already :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
That's true.. It could be for this year. If you're set on bringing a car, I'd have a look at the NCP Season Pass - there's an NCP car park near uni's main campus on John Dobson Street. No idea how much it would be mind. You could also check with some local estate agents to see if they have any private driveways/parking spaces available. For example, I know Roseworth (student estate agents) have parking spaces to rent under some on their Stepney Lane flats, but I'm not sure if its just for tenants of the flats. It seems like its hardly used though, so there's no harm in asking :tongue:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending