The Student Room Group

Met The Perfect Christian Guy But He's Gay And Has A Bf... :(

I'm a Christian girl and I met this Christian guy through a mutual friend at a party last Halloween. He was really nice and as I got to know him I totally fell for him, he was very respecting of women and he does things like help poor people. We get on well too and do things like play squash and badminton together.

I just found out today however (we finally added each other on FB/Twitter etc.) that he's gay and has a boyfriend. I had no idea :frown: Ofc I don't disapprove of gay people but I am crushed by the fact he will never like me in that way and he's taken anyway.

I just feel horrible, and he's so nice I don't know how to distance myself from him and deal with my feelings without being weird. I also feel bad because I'm 22 and haven't found the right Christian guy for me yet and I feel old and like I'll never get married. In just 4 years I'll be 26 and a lot of guys see women over 25 as old! I really want a decent kind guy and I thought I found him, but I guess not.How do I get over him and how do I keep strong till I find the right guy for me?

Thanks. (btw I made a thread on this earlier but it was short and couldn't edit due to anon so this is a new one) :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Tiz like that Robbie Williams song says: "all the best women are married/all the handsome men are gay/you feel deprived!" :sadnod:

22 isn't old at all. There's plenty of time before you hit 25, and 25 isn't old either anyway! :nah:

Keep praying about it and stay positive :smile:
Reply 2
maybe he's got a friend? :wink:
Reply 3
You're not old. My mother had me when she was 35. That isn't old either. Youve got at least another decade or so. Plus he might have friends who are not gay and also christian and nice.
Don't place youre worth on your age.
I'm confused as to why he would join a religion that deems his lifestyle choices as sin
Thats what happens when ur a girl and you find a guy with the same interests
I feel for Ya sis
Have you tried not being Christian? Maybe if he sees you abandon the religion he may try and 'save you' anyway he can. :wink:

Failing that, date me instead, apart from the Christianity I do all the stuff he does.
Yeah something doesn't compute about him....but that's another matter. You're only 22, a lot of my friends from church have started dating and gotten engaged/married within 2 year so you're fine :P At my church (they might have poached it from somewhere but I heard it there first) they say just run your own race and see who's running with you. It's not a competition to get married first, God will put the right guy in front of you when the time comes. Dw if it takes a while either, one of my friends who is your age is marrying a 37 year old so you definitely have time haha
Original post by German123
You can't be Christian and Gay? The Bible is against that.

You can theoretically be gay and Christian, you're just not supposed to "act" on it, i.e. have homosexual sex :fyi:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You can theoretically be gay and Christian, you're just not supposed to "act" on it, i.e. have homosexual sex :fyi:

I wouldin't like to think so because in my view the point of being Gay is to "act" as in you know otherwise it just will not make any sense and be a pointless thing.
Original post by German123
I wouldin't like to think so because in my view the point of being Gay is to "act" as in you know otherwise it just will not make any sense and be a pointless thing.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion but will leave it at that, since debating homosexuality and Christianity is not the point of the thread :nah:
I respectfully disagree with your opinion but will leave it at that, since debating homosexuality and Christianity is not the point of the thread :nah:

Fair enough but being Gay and Christian just does not make any sense.
Tiz like that Robbie Williams song says: "all the best women are married/all the handsome men are gay/you feel deprived!" :sadnod:

22 isn't old at all. There's plenty of time before you hit 25, and 25 isn't old either anyway! :nah:

Keep praying about it and stay positive :smile:

Thanks :smile: I will but I'm a new Christian (by about a year) so not sure where to look for a bf, and also I notice Christian guys generally seem to want to get married earlier? My Christian friends largely got married after graduating, Ive never even had a Christian bf :redface:

amylouisenic
maybe he's got a friend? :wink:

Haha good idea! :biggrin: :wink:
Original post by Sparrow96
You're not old. My mother had me when she was 35. That isn't old either. Youve got at least another decade or so. Plus he might have friends who are not gay and also christian and nice.
Don't place youre worth on your age.

I know loads get married in their 30s etc. but it's more of a big deal to get married if you're Christian :frown: Also I'm a new one so havent had as much time to meet Christian guys etc.

Handsome_Devil
I'm confused as to why he would join a religion that deems his lifestyle choices as sin

He was raised Christian I think, his parents are liberal Christian and Spanish they didnt have a problem with it
:smile:
Original post by Super Cicero
I am a Christian guy and firstly - if you are a Christian then I must ask - why are you asking for advice on a forum dominated by non-Christian secular students whose worldview and presuppositions about everything are completely different to those of someone who follows Jesus? They are not going to point you in any sort of helpful direction on issues like this.

When it comes to issues of sex, dating and relationship from a Christian perspective I highly recommend this book called (funnily enough) 'Sex, Dating and Relationships'. It is a really really good book and has enabled me to think Biblically on this issue.

Thanks for the book :smile: What's wrong with asking on a forum? It's not like I'd take the advice if some non Christian told me to sleep around to get over him or something lol.

I'm actually a new ish Christian, only converted a couple of years ago so I still have loads to learn on it and not as many Christian friends as I'd like. Most guys dont want to date a convert I think :frown:
Original post by Catholic_
I am a handsome Catholic warrior. Inbox me if you wish.

With love,

Jonny

Not sure if trolling but if not hi :colondollar:

queen-bee
I feel for Ya sis

Thanks sis :tongue:

German123
You can't be Christian and Gay? The Bible is against that.

Well he is. His parents are liberal Christian and Spanish, they dont mind him being gay either. We're both fairly liberal Christian btw (no religious debate plz)
Original post by Izzyeviel
Have you tried not being Christian? Maybe if he sees you abandon the religion he may try and 'save you' anyway he can. :wink:

Failing that, date me instead, apart from the Christianity I do all the stuff he does.

You mean play squash and badminton? Idt I mentioned anything else haha :colondollar: defo want another nice guy tho :lol:

alexschmalex
Yeah something doesn't compute about him....but that's another matter. You're only 22, a lot of my friends from church have started dating and gotten engaged/married within 2 year so you're fine :P At my church (they might have poached it from somewhere but I heard it there first) they say just run your own race and see who's running with you. It's not a competition to get married first, God will put the right guy in front of you when the time comes. Dw if it takes a while either, one of my friends who is your age is marrying a 37 year old so you definitely have time haha

What do you mean something doesn't compute? :s-smilie: So you mean it's fine so long as I do it before I'm 25 or something? Wouldn't be worrying if I were secular but loads of Christian guys get married off in their early 20s, girls too :dontknow:

So at your church they say don't go looking at all? I'm kind of worried that time will run out quickly.. I'm a new Christian too so don't have as many Christian guy friends as I would like to choose from :frown:

Reply 18
"In just 4 years I'll be 26 and a lot of guys see women over 25 as old! I really want a decent kind guy and I thought I found him, but I guess not. "

Lool this made me chuckle but you should believe they someone for everyone and be happy for your friend.
Original post by HYI52N
"In just 4 years I'll be 26 and a lot of guys see women over 25 as old! I really want a decent kind guy and I thought I found him, but I guess not. "

Lool this made me chuckle but you should believe they someone for everyone and be happy for your friend.

Its true for a lot of Christian guys tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest