The Student Room Group

EEE: Nottingham, Leeds or Liverpool?

Hi :smile:

I have offers from these three universities but I can't visit them as I am an international student. If you did visit one of them, which one impressed you more/had the best equipment?

Also, how important is reputation for a subject like engineering? Is there any difference among these three?

And what about night life?

Thank you very much, I know that there already are many threads like this but they don't really talk much about the facilities of the departments :smile:

PS Is there any project work at Nottingham in the first year?
Original post by ippolito
Hi :smile:

I have offers from these three universities but I can't visit them as I am an international student. If you did visit one of them, which one impressed you more/had the best equipment?

Also, how important is reputation for a subject like engineering? Is there any difference among these three?

And what about night life?

Thank you very much, I know that there already are many threads like this but they don't really talk much about the facilities of the departments :smile:

PS Is there any project work at Nottingham in the first year?

Leeds and Nottingham are ranked higher than Liverpool.

Here's a module guide for Leeds:

http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/dynprogrammes.asp?Y=201415&P=MEBE-ELE%2FE%26E

By project work do you mean labs or a major research type project? You won't do the latter until the third year.

Leeds is the best city out of the three :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ApplyYourself
Leeds and Nottingham are ranked higher than Liverpool.

Here's a module guide for Leeds:

http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/dynprogrammes.asp?Y=201415&P=MEBE-ELE%2FE%26E

By project work do you mean labs or a major research type project? You won't do the latter until the third year.

Leeds is the best city out of the three :smile:

Thank you!

I meant labs
I would say Leeds and Liverpool are best for nightlife, with Leeds pipping Liverpool to the post for shopping.

Leeds is is looking good .....

Quick Reply

Latest