The Student Room Group

Which russel group universities have the best social life?

I want to have a good social life at uni but also want to got to a prestigious university. I know that there are good unis that aren't russel group so please tell me about the social life at those as well like Bath or Nottingham.

Right now my choices are UCL, Warwick, Imperial, King's College and Queen Mary for EEE. The last two unis I mentioned I might swap out for others.

Can you guys please tell me how the social life is at these unis or at a different good uni you went to?

Also, tell me about how uni life is different at London unis compared to somewhere like Warwick?
(edited 6 months ago)
I mean honestly a lot of these are not actually especially strong for engineering. Really outside of Imperial I'd consider most of those options them somewhat marginal for EE (and engineering in general).

Nottingham is an RG uni, by the way, although that's also largely irrelevant for engineering.

Would strongly suggest looking into Oxford/Cambridge, Southampton, Bristol, Bath, Edinburgh, Loughborough, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham, and Leeds, as all are quite strong in engineering generally, and quite a few in EE specifically.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mkwvgtfg
I want to have a good social life at uni but also want to got to a prestigious university. I know that there are good unis that aren't russel group so please tell me about the social life at those as well like Bath or Nottingham.

Right now my choices are UCL, Warwick, Imperial, King's College and Queen Mary for EEE. The last two unis I mentioned I might swap out for others.

Can you guys please tell me how the social life is at these unis or at a different good uni you went to?

Also, tell me about how uni life is different at London unis compared to somewhere like Warwick?

RG is irrelevant for Engineering - look for degrees with a placement year.

I'd look at Bath, Loughborough and Southampton rather than your choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending