The Student Room Group

Relationship between mock A2 exams and actual A-Level grades!??!

I got A*BB in my mock A2 exams; was just wondering what the likelihood would be of me achieving AAB (my uni offer) in my actual exams? or even AAA?
Do people, from your experience, generally go up a grade or two?

It was a high A* (nearly full marks), high B and mid-low B
Reply 1
Original post by lachachacha
I got A*BB in my mock A2 exams; was just wondering what the likelihood would be of me achieving AAB (my uni offer) in my actual exams? or even AAA?
Do people, from your experience, generally go up a grade or two?

It was a high A* (nearly full marks), high B and mid-low B

Hello :smile: I've just finished my A-Levels so speaking from experience here .Well, honestly speaking A2 is much harder to score in and not to discourage you but they usually bring your grades down. HOWEVER , if you put in more than enough effort it IS possible to either maintain your grades or bring them up.
I honestly would recommend that , if you think you're up for it and can cope , retake the papers you got a B in. You never know you might bring them up to an A and they would for sure help with your A2.
I got a C for my AS in Physics but I retook the paper and managed to get a B and physics is my worst subject (also the paper was easier as well haha ). So it's kind of just your effort and maybe a bit of luck. But hey , it never hurts to try right ?
Original post by VashaDSK
Hello :smile: I've just finished my A-Levels so speaking from experience here .Well, honestly speaking A2 is much harder to score in and not to discourage you but they usually bring your grades down. HOWEVER , if you put in more than enough effort it IS possible to either maintain your grades or bring them up.
I honestly would recommend that , if you think you're up for it and can cope , retake the papers you got a B in. You never know you might bring them up to an A and they would for sure help with your A2.
I got a C for my AS in Physics but I retook the paper and managed to get a B and physics is my worst subject (also the paper was easier as well haha ). So it's kind of just your effort and maybe a bit of luck. But hey , it never hurts to try right ?

hehe thanks but I meant mock A2 exams not AS so it's not really any point me re-taking my mocks :/ but thanks anyway! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lachachacha
hehe thanks but I meant mock A2 exams not AS so it's not really any point me re-taking my mocks :/ but thanks anyway! :smile:

Oops ! Haha sorry I misread that. Well , like I said , it kind of depends on whether they decide to make it hard on you. They do that sometimes. But if your Bs were high ones then don't worry too much I suppose. Just put more effort into the last few weeks and do your best and things should be fine for you.

Quick Reply

Latest