The Student Room Group

a level: can i get my desired grades in 5 months?

hey guys.. im slightly worried about my grades since i had my first mock exam yesterday for further maths and i had flopped it. i’m practically scared because yes mocks don’t matter that much but it’s difficult to explain that to my mum.
predicted: a*, a, a
want to achieve: a*, a*, a with an a in further maths
do you think it’s possible to get my grades? bear in mind my recent interim grades were a, b, b
p.s my subjects are psychology, maths and further maths
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by luvkittis
hey guys.. im slightly worried about my grades since i had my first mock exam yesterday for further maths and i had flopped it. i’m practically scared because yes mocks don’t matter that much but it’s difficult to explain that to my mum.
predicted: a*, a, a
want to achieve: a*, a*, a with an a in further maths
do you think it’s possible to get my grades? bear in mind my recent interim grades were a, b, b
p.s my subjects are psychology, maths and further maths

I think it is possible if you revise properly and thoroughly. You are not getting bad grades by any means so if you put in work you post likely can.
It’s possible but unlikely. >80% of people who achieve above A*AA (excluding covid years) got at least above AAA in their year 13 mocks.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I think it is possible if you revise properly and thoroughly. You are not getting bad grades by any means so if you put in work you post likely can.

thank you, that’s definitely a little more relieving. im definitely gonna put my most for the rest of the weeks and try my best, i think i will be able to do it!!
Reply 4
Original post by lanky_giraffe
It’s possible but unlikely. >80% of people who achieve above A*AA (excluding covid years) got at least above AAA in their year 13 mocks.

bro d1 hating lool. its defo possible mate u jus gotta lock in and get dat work done
Original post by wzrdium
bro d1 hating lool. its defo possible mate u jus gotta lock in and get dat work done

I said it’s possible. But I gave an honest, truthful, and blunt answer. To get an A in any subject at A level is pretty damn hard. The difference between an A and an A* is immense.
Original post by wzrdium

You haven’t done your A levels; I comparatively have. So I understand what it takes and the chances better than you (an informed opinion).
Reply 7
Original post by lanky_giraffe
You haven’t done your A levels; I comparatively have. So I understand what it takes and the chances better than you (an informed opinion).

you've done them and i haven't isn't some insane achievement we've all done past papers and mock exams and internal exams in general.. stop being negative bro and just understand that in reality it's not that hard to get an A or an A* and the difference between the grades are just the difference between how much you revise and how much you should
Original post by wzrdium
You've done them and I haven't isn't some insane achievement we've all done past papers and mock exams and internal exams in general.. stop being negative bro and just understand that in reality it's not that hard to get an A or an A* and the difference between the grades are just the difference between how much you revise and how much you should

No, because I know the grade everyone in my school got and how they did in their mocks. And not one person who got A*AA or above got less than AAA in their mocks. The real A levels are different to internal exams ‘bro’ anyway.

It’s hard to get an A* ‘bro’ (not that hard to get an A). Yeah, exactly; the people who get an A* are the ones who got As and A*s constantly throughout the year because they revised constantly throughout the year, and so they know the material and exam technique better than their competition.

I’m not saying it’s impossible; I’m just saying the odds are not in favour of that outcome. Let the low probability motivate them because it’s definitely still possible.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest