The Student Room Group

French- town

Hey please would someone read over my paragraphs and give their opinion on what grade it would get overall. Merci :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422455616.705237.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1422455645.701216.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Mclaura18
Hey please would someone read over my paragraphs and give their opinion on what grade it would get overall. Merci :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422455616.705237.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1422455645.701216.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I've just looked over your paragraphs and they're better than mine when I was doing my local town for the GCSE writing! There were only two things I thought of as I read it:

You said in one of your paragraphs, when you're talking about you and sister you said 'à nos grands-parents' but I think 'chez nos grand-parents' would be better.

In your first paragraph you said 'je vais y aller', but perhaps 'j'y irai' would be better, as it means the same thing but uses another tense in more depth to get more marks. It doesn't matter either way :smile:

I would say that they're around a B grade. To get it into an A grade try and use the tenses in lots of other places as well, and perhaps an idiom thrown in there somewhere? My favourite one is 'en à double tranchant' which means a double-edged sword, or 'se casser la tête pour quelqu'un' which means 'to go through a lot of trouble for someone' (it literally means to break one's head). But overall they seem worthy enough of a B :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mclaura18

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know about the grading system in the UK, but it's worth a very good mark if you're in high school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending