The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation- Denmark Road

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vinnysandhu
Hi. I got a room at Burkhardt House but my first choice was Denmark Road. I'm an international student, so I don't really know my way around and it would be easier for me to be closer to campus. So if anybody wants an en suite room then I'm willing to swap!

hey! id love to swap with you, ive got owens park in fallowfield! :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Does anyone know how we receive mail at Denmark road? Is there a mail room or something?
How is everyone finding it so far, to those who managed to get the offers. Pros/Cons etc? (I'm also staying here atm)
Hey guys, I was wondering what the difference is between applying through the Manchester website and sanctuary students? Because I've put Denmark road as my first choice through the Manchester website but on sanctuary students they say it's fully booked? So I'm confused as to why it's still available on the Manchester website?
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Hey guys, I was wondering what the difference is between applying through the Manchester website and sanctuary students? Because I've put Denmark road as my first choice through the Manchester website but on sanctuary students they say it's fully booked? So I'm confused as to why it's still available on the Manchester website?

Those on their own website are for other students and returning students who live in the other blocks. So they're full. But the main blocks for UoM will still be available to you

One section of it is UoM freshers only, and that section is booked via UoM. There is another section that is open to all unis all colleges and all years - that is booked directly through Sanctuary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PearJosh
Those on their own website are for other students and returning students who live in the other blocks. So they're full. But the main blocks for UoM will still be available to you

Original post by Origami Bullets
One section of it is UoM freshers only, and that section is booked via UoM. There is another section that is open to all unis all colleges and all years - that is booked directly through Sanctuary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Hey guys, any reviews on the accommodation?
Original post by syahmishaarani
Hey guys, any reviews on the accommodation?

When I went to the open day a couple of weeks ago it was nice :smile: The rooms were a good size with really good storage space for all your stuff, and the common room was really good too. Can't really think of anything else to say :colondollar:
When I went to the open day a couple of weeks ago it was nice :smile: The rooms were a good size with really good storage space for all your stuff, and the common room was really good too. Can't really think of anything else to say :colondollar:

I see! So are you going to be staying in the hall this september? And what about Whitworth Park, is it any good? I know 40 pounds would be a huge difference between them and I have seen the pictures, it is nothing compared to the elegancy of Denmark Road hall!
I see! So are you going to be staying in the hall this september? And what about Whitworth Park, is it any good? I know 40 pounds would be a huge difference between them and I have seen the pictures, it is nothing compared to the elegancy of Denmark Road hall!

I've put it down as my second choice but as both my first and second choice are high demand I might end up with my third choice :smile: I didn't go see Whitworth park unfortunately, I only saw Denmark Road, Opal Gardens, Victoria Hall and Richmond park
I've put it down as my second choice but as both my first and second choice are high demand I might end up with my third choice :smile: I didn't go see Whitworth park unfortunately, I only saw Denmark Road, Opal Gardens, Victoria Hall and Richmond park

So whats your three choices though? Denmark Rd, Whitworth and?

I really dont know whether to compensate that amount of money between the two and in fact youve state that its really in high demand makes me nervous on choosing accommodation hahaha
So whats your three choices though? Denmark Rd, Whitworth and?

I really dont know whether to compensate that amount of money between the two and in fact youve state that its really in high demand makes me nervous on choosing accommodation hahaha

Sorry for not being clear enough, oops haha
My choices are Victoria hall, Denmark road and then opal gardens last
I applied for mine fairly early in February but I'm still not sure if I'll get either of my first two choices due to high demand 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I was just wondering what you thought of Victoria Hall? Thank you :smile:
Original post by ZeldaWilkinson
Hi I was just wondering what you thought of Victoria Hall? Thank you :smile:

I really liked it! We looked at it last minute not really thinking I'll choose it and I'm so glad I did
We looked at a standard room and then a semi deluxe room and they were both really good sizes, even the standard one is a decent size :smile: The area it's in is only a 10/15 minute walk away from the main campus and it's close to supermarkets; I just wish I knew what the student atmosphere is like because I do want a social life and have fun :redface:
I really liked it! We looked at it last minute not really thinking I'll choose it and I'm so glad I did
We looked at a standard room and then a semi deluxe room and they were both really good sizes, even the standard one is a decent size :smile: The area it's in is only a 10/15 minute walk away from the main campus and it's close to supermarkets; I just wish I knew what the student atmosphere is like because I do want a social life and have fun :redface:

hi, did the semi-deluxe room have a double or single bed? i applied for semi-deluxe but perhaps there's no point if its the same as the normal one
Original post by laferraz.17
hi, did the semi-deluxe room have a double or single bed? i applied for semi-deluxe but perhaps there's no point if its the same as the normal one

If I remember correctly it was a 3/4 bed so it isn't single but it's not quite double :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! So I put Denmark road, Victoria hall semi-deluxe, opal gardens. I'm worried about the social life in Denmark road though. I'm not a big fan of clubbing but I still enjoy going out and doing other things. Is it true that Denmark road is just international students? Or are there also like-minded home students?
Original post by laferraz.17
Thank you! So I put Denmark road, Victoria hall semi-deluxe, opal gardens. I'm worried about the social life in Denmark road though. I'm not a big fan of clubbing but I still enjoy going out and doing other things. Is it true that Denmark road is just international students? Or are there also like-minded home students?

You've put the same options as me haha except I put Victoria before Denmark road :smile:
I feel like the social life is what you make it really, you'll meet people from other halls so if you don't really have sociable flat mates you can go out with others I guess?
I'm also worried I'll be stuck in my room all the time 😂
Not sure about the international thing as it's not really something they mention on open days but people say it is mostly international especially on city campus :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You've put the same options as me haha except I put Victoria before Denmark road :smile:
I feel like the social life is what you make it really, you'll meet people from other halls so if you don't really have sociable flat mates you can go out with others I guess?
I'm also worried I'll be stuck in my room all the time 😂
Not sure about the international thing as it's not really something they mention on open days but people say it is mostly international especially on city campus :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your reply! I think I'll be changing Victoria and Denmark road around. I had my heart set on Denmark road it looks so pretty. So which Victoria hall type did you pick?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending