The Student Room Group

Buying flowers for a taken girl

A girl at my office once said how her long term boyfriend never buys her flowers, in a tone that wished he did.

I presented her a small bunch of flowers at work and she was very happy.

Some others talked behind my back and said it was "weird".

Was I in the wrong?
Original post by TrackerJacker
x

I don't think you were in the wrong. It was a sweet gesture but perhaps the reason they thought it was weird is because it might come across as you trying to interfere with her relationship and weasel your way in. Of course if your intentions were pure then you're a sweet guy, if you did it with the intention to show yourself as a better prospective boyfriend then that's playing dirty and 'weird' as your colleagues put it.
Original post by beaverhausen
I don't think you were in the wrong. It was a sweet gesture but perhaps the reason they thought it was weird is because it might come across as you trying to interfere with her relationship and weasel your way in. Of course if your intentions were pure then you're a sweet guy, if you did it with the intention to show yourself as a better prospective boyfriend then that's playing dirty and 'weird' as your colleagues put it.

I have a girlfriend.

But I like her too :wink:
Original post by TrackerJacker
x

Meh. If you have no intentions of cheating on your girlfriend with this girl at work then buying her the flowers is still a sweet gesture imo.
Reply 4
I personally would find it weird if someone in my office bought someone else flowers. Especially if they had a partner.
Reply 5
It was a kind gesture. As long as it did not mean you were trying to get her, that was very sweet of you.

Your colleagues are just jealous they didn't get one:smile:
Don't worry about it. You just need to cover your back by buying flowers for everyone else in the office now.
Original post by beaverhausen
Meh. If you have no intentions of cheating on your girlfriend with this girl at work then buying her the flowers is still a sweet gesture imo.

I didn't have said intentions :smile:

She's a lovely person and I was sad that her bf never brought her flowers
Nothing to worry about, any decent guy would have probably done that if they heard a girl say that
You bought her flowerscos u like her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
End in tears, this will.

If you absolutely had to do it, you could have done it anon. This just makes you look like a sap, or a stalker.
Also I asked if she was taking them home and she said no.

Was that because she didn't want her bf to find out?
Aww that's cute

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
It was a nice thing to do for a colleague.

Well done you.
That was a nice thing to do just be careful the boyfriend might not believe you didn't have intentions however.
Lol what an awful move
She can buy her own flowers.

She has a guy and as long as she's with him she can cope without the flowers

Quick Reply

Latest