The Student Room Group

How to get on teachers good side

My Head of Sixth Form doesn’t seem to like me. I’m top of the school (at least from GCSEs) but most teachers like me since I’m polite and don’t cause any trouble. Problem is that she doesn’t like me, and since I do a lot with the school and for the sixth form we have to talk a lot and she always talks to me like I’m a burden and that she’s frustrated to be there, she replies to some of my emails in all caps in a seemingly passive aggressive way. She ignores me at some of the events a few of us pupils have been invited to go to and quite frankly only talks to me when there’s a task she needs help with. I don’t get why she treats me like this, especially as everyone else says she’s lovely and don’t get these problems. I’m not worried so much about her not liking me but since I do so many opportunities where I need to talk to her and she’ll ultimately be my teacher reference for my Uni applications I’m worried - how do I get on her good side? 😭
Reply 1
Buy her flowers or a box of chocolates.
Reply 2
Original post by study23!
My Head of Sixth Form doesn’t seem to like me. I’m top of the school (at least from GCSEs) but most teachers like me since I’m polite and don’t cause any trouble. Problem is that she doesn’t like me, and since I do a lot with the school and for the sixth form we have to talk a lot and she always talks to me like I’m a burden and that she’s frustrated to be there, she replies to some of my emails in all caps in a seemingly passive aggressive way. She ignores me at some of the events a few of us pupils have been invited to go to and quite frankly only talks to me when there’s a task she needs help with. I don’t get why she treats me like this, especially as everyone else says she’s lovely and don’t get these problems. I’m not worried so much about her not liking me but since I do so many opportunities where I need to talk to her and she’ll ultimately be my teacher reference for my Uni applications I’m worried - how do I get on her good side? 😭

May be think about what makes her do that and try to impress other teachers who might be in contact with her and college is very different to gcse teachers are more matured and focused on everyone rather than having a favourite child. Dw keep smiling and try to make urself popular

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending