The Student Room Group

OMG! non-white person or non-British death top of the news in UK

As I post, the number one headline story on BBC UK news is: "Japan hostage Goto 'killed' - video" so that's an asian being killed on a different continent.

The most read story on BBC news' homepage is "Whitney Houston's daughter 'found unresponsive' in bath" so that is a story about one black person dying on another continent.

So, can we stop with the rubbish about our news not talking about the deaths of non-whites in other countries, please?
Reply 1
* Sitting comfortably waiting for a huge argument to start*
Original post by Simes
As I post, the number one headline story on BBC UK news is: "Japan hostage Goto 'killed' - video" so that's an asian being killed on a different continent.

The most read story on BBC news' homepage is "Whitney Houston's daughter 'found unresponsive' in bath" so that is a story about one black person dying on another continent.

So, can we stop with the rubbish about our news not talking about the deaths of non-whites in other countries, please?

are you ****ing serious right now? im actually disgusted
:facepalm:
Reply 5
Original post by suudsioee

Cue some bleeding heart to go on a massive rant
Subbed.
Reply 7
#BlackLivesMatter

or whatever stupid hashtag they have trending now.
Reply 8
Original post by suudsioee
Are you upset at that? That's the BBC's left-wing liberal agenda for you.

Stick to the Daily Mail; they tend to be racist, anti-Judaism, anti-immigration if that floats your boat. Although their top story as I write is about an Asian being executed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
A day has gone by, let's see what the BBC reckons is global news of interest today.

1. Jordan vow after hostage beheading - Asian man in Middle East events.

2. Reporter Peter Greste freed by Egypt - Middle East event but it's a white bloke. Racism by the BBC? Mind you, he works for Al-Jazeera, and he is a reporter and the media do love themselves and he did work for the BBC.

3. Nigeria 'repels' Boko Haram attack - This is that bunch that supposedly never get mentioned, isn't it?

Items 2 and 1 are also items 1 and 2 on the BBC news home page.

Quick Reply

Latest