The Student Room Group

LNAT results 2024 for UCL

I am an international student aiming for UCL. However, my LNAT score is a 24. I fit the grade requirements but im not sure whether they'll accept my application or not. Can someone just let me know if my admission is a possibility or not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by bighmoney
I am an international student aiming for UCL. However, my LNAT score is a 24. I fit the grade requirements but im not sure whether they'll accept my application or not. Can someone just let me know if my admission is a possibility or not?

I think UCL have a cut-off for LNAT results - I think it is 26 for non contextual applicants although I’m not entirely sure, so someone correct me if I’m wrong😅
Reply 2
Original post by Dele2412
I think UCL have a cut-off for LNAT results - I think it is 26 for non contextual applicants although I’m not entirely sure, so someone correct me if I’m wrong😅

That being said, I think you will still have a chance if your essay is stellar as UCL prioritise it lots

That being said, I think you will still have a chance if your essay is stellar as UCL prioritise it lots

Would I have a chance at UCL if i got a 34 but had a poor essay?
Reply 4
Original post by emeraldelise33
at that point, wouldn't you just go for a uni that's better than UCL mate
Reply 5
saw a guy get into UCL with 25 this year so idt it applies this year, hoping they consider my 24

what uni 😭😭 i got rejected from oxford pre interview
Reply 7
what uni 😭😭 i got rejected from oxford pre interview
sorry to hear that, dw about it it's their loss. you could try out for LSE, Durham or King's?
I am in the same boat I am also an international student and got 24 in the LNAT. I was rejected from Cambridge post interview and King's yesterday so just waiting to hear back from UCL, Durham and LSE now. I'd say you still have a shot with UCL because they seem to put a lot of the weight on the essay and from what I've read the unis are also a bit more lenient with international students regarding their LNAT scores than at home students so hopefully we still have a shot!
Reply 9
Original post by trehanmedha
I am in the same boat I am also an international student and got 24 in the LNAT. I was rejected from Cambridge post interview and King's yesterday so just waiting to hear back from UCL, Durham and LSE now. I'd say you still have a shot with UCL because they seem to put a lot of the weight on the essay and from what I've read the unis are also a bit more lenient with international students regarding their LNAT scores than at home students so hopefully we still have a shot!
no way! can't believe we are literally in the same situation rn. let's hope that UCL takes our applications into consideration. please let me know if you get any sort of response from their end. good luck on the LSE and Durham apps tho hope you get the uni you want 🤞
no way! can't believe we are literally in the same situation rn. let's hope that UCL takes our applications into consideration. please let me know if you get any sort of response from their end. good luck on the LSE and Durham apps tho hope you get the uni you want 🤞
Thanks so much and yes I will definitely let you know if I hear anything back!! Lemme me know if you do too hopefully we both get good news haha 🤞🤞
Reply 11
Original post by trehanmedha
Thanks so much and yes I will definitely let you know if I hear anything back!! Lemme me know if you do too hopefully we both get good news haha 🤞🤞
you're welcome!! yes i'll let you know about any decision i get from UCL for sure. hoping for good news for the both of us as well!
Reply 12
Hiya mate

UCL is incredibly good, I didn't apply there but most law firms (even top city firms) don't discriminate between top universities - they recognise there is not enough places in one institution for the brightest talent. I got 32 in the LNAT and if you go to a university like Cambridge, Oxford, Durham, UCL, LSE etc (and do well) then you are among the best of the best, but what matters more is what you do with your time at university. A first from KCL or Bristol will probably be better than a 2:1 from UCL or Cambridge or Durham.

Have a lovely day!
Original post by pvma
Hiya mate

UCL is incredibly good, I didn't apply there but most law firms (even top city firms) don't discriminate between top universities - they recognise there is not enough places in one institution for the brightest talent. I got 32 in the LNAT and if you go to a university like Cambridge, Oxford, Durham, UCL, LSE etc (and do well) then you are among the best of the best, but what matters more is what you do with your time at university. A first from KCL or Bristol will probably be better than a 2:1 from UCL or Cambridge or Durham.

Have a lovely day!

The university is less important than the quality of the candidate. It just so happens that a lot of the best candidates go to the top ranked universities. I have interviewed students for training contracts and we look at the applicant’s application holistically. We wouldn’t offer someone a place just because they received a First from a top university’s the reality is that once you enter employment your choice of university becomes irrelevant.
Reply 14
Well done on the great score. While you would have a very good chance at somewhere like LSE, UCL and Oxford are known to reject people who have great scores on the basis of their essays. I know a few people with great multiple-choice scores and 3A* who were still rejected from UCL and Oxford (pre-interview) because of the essay. That being said, perhaps your essay was better than you thought it was, I'm also still waiting to hear back from UCL so let's just keep our fingers crossed
Reply 15
saw a guy get into UCL with 25 this year so idt it applies this year, hoping they consider my 24
Best of luck! I'm sure your essay was fine so let's just wait and see
Reply 16
Original post by pvma
Hiya mate

Have a lovely day!
thank you so much for the valuable information man! 🤝
Reply 17
Best of luck! I'm sure your essay was fine so let's just wait and see
thank you so much!! i really hope that it was good too, now it's all upto the people correcting it ig
It's very hit-and-miss. I know someone that got into Cambridge with 23 non-contextual (in fact he's white, male, private school). Hopefully your essay is good enough and you'll have a good chance.
Reply 19

I've just got an offer from Cambridge with 25 so I wonder if the average is lower this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending