The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I haven't really come across the phrase in English, but I suppose as a french equivalent you could go for: "venir au monde", which means to come into existence/being.
Reply 2
suuuuuuseh
I haven't really come across the phrase in English, but I suppose as a french equivalent you could go for: "venir au monde", which means to come into existence/being.

Not a clue myself, but just a question to you suuuuuuuuseh :p: - how the hell do you know so much advanced French lol?! Would I be right in saying you're just a GCSE student; how are you so damn good lol!?
Reply 3
no1mohsin
Not a clue myself, but just a question to you suuuuuuuuseh :p: - how the hell do you know so much advanced French lol?! Would I be right in saying you're just a GCSE student; how are you so damn good lol!?

You're correct- I'm in year eleven at the moment. :p: I'm not sure, I really like the language and I like finding extra things out.. but I wouldn't say I'm particularly good! Thanks though. :smile:
Reply 4
suuuuuuseh
You're correct- I'm in year eleven at the moment. :p: I'm not sure, I really like the language and I like finding extra things out.. but I wouldn't say I'm particularly good! Thanks though. :smile:

Wow, you're only doing GCSE's? From your posts on this forum I thought you were a much higher level!

I trust you'll be applying for French at uni? :wink:
It would always help if you gave the context or even an example sentence :smile:
Without any context, I would say venir/entrer en action but it really does depend on the context!
no1mohsin

Lol I was just about to ask the same thing :p:
Reply 7
james99
Wow, you're only doing GCSE's? From your posts on this forum I thought you were a much higher level!

I trust you'll be applying for French at uni? :wink:

Thanks. :smile: Indeed, hopefully! Although that's granted the GCSEs/A levels go alright.. :p:
Reply 8
suuuuuuseh
Thanks. :smile: Indeed, hopefully! Although that's granted the GCSEs/A levels go alright.. :p:

If they don't I'll eat my hat :p:. I'm considered like the best in my class at the moment for AS level, same for GCSE but judging by your posts you're about 10x better than me :p:
Reply 9
no1mohsin
If they don't I'll eat my hat :p:. I'm considered like the best in my class at the moment for AS level, same for GCSE but judging by your posts you're about 10x better than me :p:

I hope you're right. :p: But I seriously am not that good- I'm sure you're much better than me. :smile:
Hello !!

I'm a french guy trying to improve my english by myself... and with the help of my friend "Internet" !!

If you've got questions about the best way to translate an english word or sentence into french, don't hesitate to ask me...

But when you want to know the best translation of ONE word, please try as often as possible to give me this word in a complete sentence, a context. Otherwise I'll give you a possible translation, but it might not be the best one.

About the "to come into action" stuff, I'll give a translation once it will be in a complete sentence.
Reply 11
maybe something like "être mis en place"? It could work, depending on the context
Having looked, the phrase "to put a plan into action" is "mettre un projet a exécution" so it could be something similar perhaps?

Latest

Trending

Trending