The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy 2015 AS/A2 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by dmcque
OMG........ THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

That is amazing. Do they have them for unit 4 Hume??

Thanks you so much again...... Good luck in your exams.

I'm making those over the weekend :redface:. I post them on here when they're done, though.
Reply 61
Ive taken notes from the textbook but i found them quite wordy..... I like really simple and clear notes. Im borrowing the lacewing textbook tomorrow.

we think there is a pattern in that exam with questions. Has your teacher spotted it?

One of my teacher has taught it for years and is never wrong apparently about what comes up..... I'm sure it will change for me. haha

Thanks again

Those plans are so helpful.

If you need notes for anything let me know and i will try and help

Original post by VannR
I'm making those over the weekend :redface:. I post them on here when they're done, though.
Reply 62
Original post by dmcque
Ive taken notes from the textbook but i found them quite wordy..... I like really simple and clear notes. Im borrowing the lacewing textbook tomorrow.

we think there is a pattern in that exam with questions. Has your teacher spotted it?

One of my teacher has taught it for years and is never wrong apparently about what comes up..... I'm sure it will change for me. haha

Thanks again

Those plans are so helpful.

If you need notes for anything let me know and i will try and help

I don't have a teacher; I have done this through self-study alone. However, if your teacher has been right about the patterns of the questions in the past could you perhaps divulge a little of that knowledge? :colone:
Reply 63
No way..... Where have you been getting your information from? The course is so difficult I'm impressed you have done it alone.

My teacher reckons miracles and free will !!!!

Hopefully he is right fingers crossed

Original post by VannR
I don't have a teacher; I have done this through self-study alone. However, if your teacher has been right about the patterns of the questions in the past could you perhaps divulge a little of that knowledge? :colone:
I have two political philosophy essays that achieved 100% if anyone would like them and one on Utilitarianism which was graded a mid-A. If anyone has any high grade essays on value-facts, moral realism, deontology or anything Mill I'd be willing to do a swap :P
Reply 65
Original post by dmcque
x

Here are the Hume plans; just finished writing these up using my notes and looking at the mark schemes. I have only written four plans thus far, but since all but one of the other available essays are essentially repeats of these essays there is not too much missing.

It's all in the spoiler again :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 66
Hi,

Thats amazing thank you so much. Do dev do you mean development?

Also I know this might be a pain but I want to make sure i understand all the shortened words.

Thanks

Original post by VannR
Here are the Hume plans; just finished writing these up using my notes and looking at the mark schemes. I have only written four plans thus far, but since all but one of the other available essays are essentially repeats of these essays there is not too much missing.

It's all in the spoiler again :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 67
Original post by dmcque
Hi,

Thats amazing thank you so much. Do dev do you mean development?

Also I know this might be a pain but I want to make sure i understand all the shortened words.

Thanks

Yes, by 'dev' I mean 'develop' or 'development of'. I try to keep it short so that I can write out a full plan like this in roughly 5 minutes during the exam.
Reply 68
Yeh i guessed that.... Your plans are so good for hume

My teacher and i found a pattern in the 15 markers and miracles is due to come up as a 15 marker this year

Not sure about the 30 marker

Original post by VannR
Yes, by 'dev' I mean 'develop' or 'development of'. I try to keep it short so that I can write out a full plan like this in roughly 5 minutes during the exam.
Reply 69
Hi

Can I ask where you got your notes from???

Last minute panic about content!!!!

Plus your doing philosophy of mind and epistemology and metaphysics aren't you?

Thanks

Original post by VannR
Reply 70
Original post by dmcque
Hi

Can I ask where you got your notes from???

Last minute panic about content!!!!

Plus your doing philosophy of mind and epistemology and metaphysics aren't you?

Thanks

I made them myself using Michael Lacewing's books, but mostly web resources.
The way of checking whether or not you have comprehensive knowledge is to look at the syllabus, read every sentence carefully, and ask yourself if you are aware of each of the issues raised in every sentence. If you are, you are completely ready. To be honest, even if you are only completely certain about 90-95% of it you will be fine since they give you a choice of questions.

You're going to be fine :smile:.
Reply 71
Thank you!!!

Im just panicking as i need an A to get to the uni i want.... scary.

Also i forgot to say your essay plans are missing the 2010 questions on eliminative materalism, mind affects the body and is affected by the body and 2 others.

I didn't want you not to be prepared for them.

How did you do in your AS units?

Thanks

Original post by VannR
I made them myself using Michael Lacewing's books, but mostly web resources.
The way of checking whether or not you have comprehensive knowledge is to look at the syllabus, read every sentence carefully, and ask yourself if you are aware of each of the issues raised in every sentence. If you are, you are completely ready. To be honest, even if you are only completely certain about 90-95% of it you will be fine since they give you a choice of questions.

You're going to be fine :smile:.
Reply 72
Original post by dmcque
Thank you!!!

Im just panicking as i need an A to get to the uni i want.... scary.

Also i forgot to say your essay plans are missing the 2010 questions on eliminative materalism, mind affects the body and is affected by the body and 2 others.

I didn't want you not to be prepared for them.

How did you do in your AS units?

Thanks

WTF?! I have only seen the questions from 2011 onwards! Where are those questions?

edit: I think the AS units went very well, to be fair.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 73
They are on the securing key materials. My teacher got them for me.

I will attach the mark schemes for you.

Original post by VannR
WTF?! I have only seen the questions from 2011 onwards! Where are those questions?
Reply 74
Hi Here is the mark scheme

Original post by dmcque
They are on the securing key materials. My teacher got them for me.

I will attach the mark schemes for you.
Reply 75
Original post by dmcque
Hi Here is the mark scheme

Thank you very much for this.

Looking at the eliminative materialism essay now, I know that I am not full prepared for it, and that there is no time for me to do so fully now - I could do it, but I would be winging it a little, so if it comes up I'm just going to do the other essay. Luckily I'm very confident on every other area of discussion for philosophy of mind.

The epistemology ones are fine, though, thank God for that.
Reply 76
What questions would you say the epistemology and metaphysics link too on your plans???

Thanks

Original post by VannR
Thank you very much for this.

Looking at the eliminative materialism essay now, I know that I am not full prepared for it, and that there is no time for me to do so fully now - I could do it, but I would be winging it a little, so if it comes up I'm just going to do the other essay. Luckily I'm very confident on every other area of discussion for philosophy of mind.

The epistemology ones are fine, though, thank God for that.
Reply 77
Original post by dmcque
What questions would you say the epistemology and metaphysics link too on your plans???

Thanks

The first one is essentially the 'sceptical arguments show that knowledge is impossible' essay, whilst the second one is about conceptualism. The second one is not one I have planned for, but one which I know that I can do.
Reply 78
Hi

Im really struggling to remember all the content..... What questions do you think are likely to come up???

im so scared

Original post by VannR
The first one is essentially the 'sceptical arguments show that knowledge is impossible' essay, whilst the second one is about conceptualism. The second one is not one I have planned for, but one which I know that I can do.
Reply 79
Original post by dmcque
Hi

Im really struggling to remember all the content..... What questions do you think are likely to come up???

im so scared

So am I :frown:. Finding out about that eliminative materialism essay did not help my confidence much.

I'm thinking that it will scepticism and universals for epistemology, seeing as the objectivism/relativism essay was used last year, as was the one on the tripartite definition of knowledge. Philosophy of mind will definitely have one question on assessing reductionism with non-reductive physicalism (generally speaking, you know, an assessment of whether the mind is dependent, or reducible, or independent from the brain), but the other one could be anything from the (dreaded) eliminative materialism essay to one on solipsism.

This is just a gut feeling though.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending