Anyone thinking of putting UoB as their firm for Nursing??:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey, yes I've firmed 😄 can't wait!!!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by KellyShmelley
Hey, yes I've firmed ������ can't wait!!!

Really! Wow, i'm also going to firm UoB I know in the first year it's general nursing but in your second what do you want to do? My preferred choice is child. Also I'm struggling with the injections we need to take, I've had my first injection for the hepatitis course but I don't think all of them would be done on time, the others I've received when I was younger.
I'm not sure, I think adult but I'm really excited to experience child nursing because I'm quite torn- we're so lucky to get the chance to try different aspects in the first year :smile:
i haven't had any injections yet.. Did you get a letter saying which ones you need to have? Have you sorted your DBS yet?
Reply 4
I'm not sure, I think adult but I'm really excited to experience child nursing because I'm quite torn- we're so lucky to get the chance to try different aspects in the first year :smile:
i haven't had any injections yet.. Did you get a letter saying which ones you need to have? Have you sorted your DBS yet?

Yep the letter comes through the post about the course and the injections you need to take...its a long process :frown:

I've made it my firm! And I should be getting a DBS package in a few days, then when that's come I'll sort it out.

What are you currently taking a-levels or BTEC??
Hmmm, I've already had my DBS package I'm wondering if I have also had my jabs letter and misplaced it :/ will double check when I go in tomorrow.
I completed an Access to health a couple o. Months back... What route in are you taking?
Eeeek it's so exciting, I hope more people join here once they've firmed it would be nice to be able chat to more people we will be studying with in a few months :smile:
Reply 6
Hi, I'm looking at doing nursing at uni next year, still doing my A levels currently and was just wondering if you don't mind my asking, what sort of grades/ points you had to get in, as I am worried I won't make the entry requirements :confused:
xx
Heya, I think on the UoB website it says typical A level offers are ABB but I'm not sure on this, I had 54 credits at Level 3 and some other bits and bobs they required for Access Students- You could always email admissions and ask though.
Good luck with your A Levels
Reply 8
Hmmm, I've already had my DBS package I'm wondering if I have also had my jabs letter and misplaced it :/ will double check when I go in tomorrow.
I completed an Access to health a couple o. Months back... What route in are you taking?
Eeeek it's so exciting, I hope more people join here once they've firmed it would be nice to be able chat to more people we will be studying with in a few months :smile:

Yh you probably firmed your offer before mine do you have an insurance offer? I'm currently doing BTEC Extended diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3.. I need to get DDM, but im working at DDD so im ok. Yh just a few months time we all will be seeing each I do hope others join in with this thread :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Chelsiemx
Hi, I'm looking at doing nursing at uni next year, still doing my A levels currently and was just wondering if you don't mind my asking, what sort of grades/ points you had to get in, as I am worried I won't make the entry requirements :confused:
xx

Hi, you need 280 ucas points and for the grades you need to check on the UOB website for nursing. Just make sure you do well in your a-levels and im sure you'll get in! :biggrin:
Hi, thank you both for your reply. I've looked and think the grades are ABB, hopefully a miracle will happen for me to get those grades! Ha! Good luck with your studies x
Reply 11
Original post by Chelsiemx
Hi, thank you both for your reply. I've looked and think the grades are ABB, hopefully a miracle will happen for me to get those grades! Ha! Good luck with your studies x

Good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll get the grades! :smile:
No I don't have an insurance offer- I have the grades already just need the DBS & health which Shoyld both be fine.. Do you have an insurance offer? Oh yes I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine then :smile:
I popped in today to hand in my DBS and ask about the jabs- turned out they hadn't put it in my welcome pack but have emailed it over now. OMG I have no idea where to start on this, looks like a right nightmare to find evidence of all these jabs!! Will all be worth it though I guess :biggrin:
Reply 13
No I don't have an insurance offer- I have the grades already just need the DBS & health which Shoyld both be fine.. Do you have an insurance offer? Oh yes I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine then :smile:
I popped in today to hand in my DBS and ask about the jabs- turned out they hadn't put it in my welcome pack but have emailed it over now. OMG I have no idea where to start on this, looks like a right nightmare to find evidence of all these jabs!! Will all be worth it though I guess :biggrin:

Same I don't have an insurance offer to I need to get DDM which I'm already working at :smile: DBS pack should be coming over in the post finger crossed-btw how long did your's come after you firmed UOB? Ugh those jabs, the first two you've already done as a child-just photocopy the evidence from your red book I guess. And the other course of injections-well I have my first jab for it need to go next month for another then 3 months after then another 6 months after to get my anti-bodies blood test. I need ask the uni, if they want the form with only 2 of my injections of the hepatitis because there is no way I can do the full course on time.
Umm it came about 2 weeks ago and I firmed in Jan. It literally only took 5 mins to do.
Oh gosh my red book- wonder if my mom kept that. Eurgh hate injections!!!!
Are you living on campus or commuting?
Reply 15
Umm it came about 2 weeks ago and I firmed in Jan. It literally only took 5 mins to do.
Oh gosh my red book- wonder if my mom kept that. Eurgh hate injections!!!!
Are you living on campus or commuting?

Commuting I live like 20-25mins away from the campus :tongue: what about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Same here, I'm in Kings heath so will probably drive- although the parking is a nightmare so may use ther train
Hi! I also have an offer from UoB!! :smile: have received my welcome pack with details for occupational health, however there was no DBS form, should this have been in the pack too? My pack arrived approximately 3 weeks ago, does this sound right?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Maturehealth
Hi! I also have an offer from UoB!! :smile: have received my welcome pack with details for occupational health, however there was no DBS form, should this have been in the pack too? My pack arrived approximately 3 weeks ago, does this sound right?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah! I'm in the same position too, it says in the welcome pack after you've firmed your offer you'll get the DBS pack...I'm currently waiting I firmed around this week so should be coming.
Original post by AB2
Ah! I'm in the same position too, it says in the welcome pack after you've firmed your offer you'll get the DBS pack...I'm currently waiting I firmed around this week so should be coming.

Oh that is great thanks!! I am still waiting to firm. At least now I know why :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending