The Student Room Group

I need advice on my situation with grades and uni

I was rejected from all 5 unis for 2021 because my teachers gave me disgusting prediction grades. E in Chemistry, D in Biology and C in Psychology and D in EPQ, I have resulted in taking a gap year and so applying for 2022 Sept year

I got A in Psychology, B in Biology, C in Chemistry and B in EPQ.

Initially I've always wanted to do Dentistry but I slacked around and ruined my future, my only chance is trying to apply to Bristol Dentistry Foundation course which is 6 years and requires BBC and UCAT, if I do well this will be my gateway.

Alternatives are Dental Hygiene Therapy, however majority of them are saying no when I ask if my grades enable me in on the course, I'm interested in UoB, Bristol, Cardiff, Liverpool, Queen Mary Uni (Oral Health),KCL and Leeds. My C in Chemistry is a liability, I can't retake it either. What are my options in this gap year? I thought of doing Dental Technology at a college but they said it won't help with my application.

Then there's a Access to HE Diploma in Medicine at Dudley College, bare in mind this isn't anything fancy, I spoke with the one who runs it and he told me it will be going everything from the start for multiple scientific subjects, I know some unis accept that with variations in how many points.

Last thing to do is either choose whether to take 2 years off and do dental nursing and use that degree with my 2 alevels and apply to dentistry or dental hygiene therapy after, OR take this HE diploma course which is 1 year. I need to be quick with my decisiions and I'm really unsure what's the best route, if anyone knows what I could do better please let me know !! <3
Is there a reason that you aren’t considering resitting your exams to boost your grades?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Is there a reason that you aren’t considering resitting your exams to boost your grades?

The C that I got in Chemistry must have been a fluke, the other grades were deserving of my ability, but with chemistry I've always hated it, neither understood it well even when I've dedicated months to only revising it. I feel like if I was to retake it, it would be even harder trying to relearn it again myself, OH YEAH, the other reason is they won't let me unless I retake the other two subjects too, which is a waste of time. I was thinking maybe there is something better to do than suffer again?
Reply 3
Original post by metroplex
I was rejected from all 5 unis for 2021 because my teachers gave me disgusting prediction grades. E in Chemistry, D in Biology and C in Psychology and D in EPQ, I have resulted in taking a gap year and so applying for 2022 Sept year

I got A in Psychology, B in Biology, C in Chemistry and B in EPQ.

Initially I've always wanted to do Dentistry but I slacked around and ruined my future, my only chance is trying to apply to Bristol Dentistry Foundation course which is 6 years and requires BBC and UCAT, if I do well this will be my gateway.

Alternatives are Dental Hygiene Therapy, however majority of them are saying no when I ask if my grades enable me in on the course, I'm interested in UoB, Bristol, Cardiff, Liverpool, Queen Mary Uni (Oral Health),KCL and Leeds. My C in Chemistry is a liability, I can't retake it either. What are my options in this gap year? I thought of doing Dental Technology at a college but they said it won't help with my application.

Then there's a Access to HE Diploma in Medicine at Dudley College, bare in mind this isn't anything fancy, I spoke with the one who runs it and he told me it will be going everything from the start for multiple scientific subjects, I know some unis accept that with variations in how many points.

Last thing to do is either choose whether to take 2 years off and do dental nursing and use that degree with my 2 alevels and apply to dentistry or dental hygiene therapy after, OR take this HE diploma course which is 1 year. I need to be quick with my decisiions and I'm really unsure what's the best route, if anyone knows what I could do better please let me know !! <3

Hey, just curious at where you are at now? I’m currently on my gap year wondering what to do next

Quick Reply

Latest