The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Racoon
With your line of reasoning dead = ugly, so alive must = beautiful?

No.
Ugly = displeasing to the eye.
Beautiful = attractive & possessing charm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by skunkboy
7-day-old corpses are ugly. Or do you think they are so beautiful?

But why those stiffs are full of worms? Why worms eat them? That means dead bodies are beautiful to worms? Also they are yummy?

Human beings & animals are actually ugly. If you know things about anatomy, you'd understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kind of agree with what you are saying. Beauty and ugliness is subjective, for the most part we are told what they are.

I wonder what it would be like, if we had to find it out what it was for ourselves?
Original post by NHM713
Kind of agree with what you are saying. Beauty and ugliness is subjective, for the most part we are told what they are.

I wonder what it would be like, if we had to find it out what it was for ourselves?

Reality of everything depends on how it's observed or measured. We can never find the true nature. Things we know are not what they really are.

What would happen if you could see some bacteria on your lover's face? You still want to kiss him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Check people coming out with actual definitions... "A repulsive or..."

Don't think that's what OP was looking for hah.
Reply 24
Original post by skunkboy
Reality of everything depends on how it's observed or measured. We can never find the true nature. Things we know are not what they really are.

What would happen if you could see some bacteria on your lover's face? You still want to kiss him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's like saying, we will never really know what 'real life' is.
Lol no.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Snagprophet
There's facial disfigurement and then there's things like big noses or whatever. Too fat, strange overlarge or missing teeth etc. If you google ugly people then there's a tonne of disgusting looking people. It's kind of hard to quantify ugliness. It's the same as when you get average people and then you get people who look like they're wearing make-up. I think there's a line where something stops being acceptable.

That's not to say being fat makes you ugly but there's a line. Some people place the line in various different places.

It tends to be face related. I believe the vast majority of people aren't ugly.

In the case of the google search 'ugly people' that has crossed the line of acceptability.

This, really. Also totally agree with you about the vast majority of people not being ugly. I can't remember the last time I looked at someone and thought they were genuinely ugly. Average or unappealing yes, but not necessarily ugly.
I think we learn what ugly is from other people. I think a lot of times people agree to something being ugly because others have said it is. When someone becomes famous suddenly that persons becomes more attractive to others, and that illustrates the point that people tend to copy what others think.
Usually ugly tends to be more masculine facial features. An ugly guy would typically have a very large jaw, prominent brow bone and small beady eyes.

Google: Acromegaly

Even famous actors and celebrities who are considered masculine looking usually have a balance of masculine and feminine facial features.
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending