The Student Room Group

Drop out and come back, tuition still paid for?

I'm a student from the EU trying to decide whether or not to start studies in Scotland in 2015. I'd love to give it a shot, but for various reasons I might drop out after a year or so. In that case, I'd probably like to come back some other time, perhaps studying another course at another university.

My question is: would I then have ruined my chances for free tuition (by starting a course and dropping out)?

I can't seem to find the exact terms anywhere. All information I find is based on the assumption that I will finish my degree.
Just out of curiosity but how would you qualify for free tuition if you don't stay in Scotland ?
Original post by KarlK
I'm a student from the EU trying to decide whether or not to start studies in Scotland in 2015. I'd love to give it a shot, but for various reasons I might drop out after a year or so. In that case, I'd probably like to come back some other time, perhaps studying another course at another university.

My question is: would I then have ruined my chances for free tuition (by starting a course and dropping out)?

I can't seem to find the exact terms anywhere. All information I find is based on the assumption that I will finish my degree.

I believe British students can drop out and still get free tuition but I dunno about non-British EU students in Scotland mate
Reply 3
Original post by Sparklymanda
Just out of curiosity but how would you qualify for free tuition if you don't stay in Scotland ?

Not sure what you're asking here. If I leave Scotland, and thus my studies, then I obviously won't need tuition paid for.
I thought you meant you are non British and wanted to come stay in Scotland to study. As I was aware if you lived in Scotland then you get your tuition paid.
Reply 5
Original post by Sparklymanda
I thought you meant you are non British and wanted to come stay in Scotland to study. As I was aware if you lived in Scotland then you get your tuition paid.

Tuition is free for EU nationals (excluding non-Scottish British citizens).
Original post by KarlK
Tuition is free for EU nationals (excluding non-Scottish British citizens).

Which is a ****ing racist policy.
Oh I wasn't aware of that.

Quick Reply

Latest