The Student Room Group

Withdrawal

If I withdraw from University right now I will need to pay my full tuition fee.
Would it be best to fail the year, don’t do hand in any essay and finish the year and fail to avoid paying the tuition fee?
Original post by VeryMeh
Would it be best to fail the year, don’t do hand in any essay and finish the year and fail to avoid paying the tuition fee?

Of course not, you'd still have to pay the tuition fee. The best thing would be to stick out to the end of the year, pass the exams but negotiate whether you can come away with another award or credits that you can use or take elsewhere.
Original post by VeryMeh

You still pay tuition fees if you pass or fail. If you leave now, you will be charged 50% of the annual tuition fee. If you start the third term, then 100% of your tuition fee will be charged. If you receive a maintenance loan and leave part way through a term, you would need to repay some of your loan immediately. If you formally withdraw before the start of the next academic year, you would not need to repay any of your maintenance loan immediately.
Reply 3
I am planning on dropping out half way through my third year. Will I need to pay my tuition fee for this semester and my SAAS payments back immediately?
Reply 4
Original post by normaw

You still pay tuition fees if you pass or fail. If you leave now, you will be charged 50% of the annual tuition fee. If you start the third term, then 100% of your tuition fee will be charged. If you receive a maintenance loan and leave part way through a term, you would need to repay some of your loan immediately. If you formally withdraw before the start of the next academic year, you would not need to repay any of your maintenance loan immediately.

Is it best to withdrawal before reading week. I am a Scottish student who is in third year
Original post by VeryMeh
Is it best to withdrawal before reading week. I am a Scottish student who is in third year

Sorry my advice above is related to SFE funding. You will need to contact SAAS for advice on the effect withdrawing will have on tuition fees.

Aside from that, are you on a three or four-year course? Isn't it worth sticking it out to get your qualification? Bear in mind that if you withdraw now, you wouldn't be able to get student finance to fully fund another degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending