The Student Room Group

A Levels

Scroll to see replies

you're all wrong about business. when taken next to multiple other facilitating subjects, it is regarded equally and will not bring down your application. my friend was apprehensive about taking it at a level so my sixth form contacted some Russell group universities and asked for her and they said it wouldn't be something that would make them refuse an application as long as it was taken alongside strong subjects.

your options seem sound to me though :smile: take what you enjoy most and will excel in, your possible career ideas could change at any time so don't base your a levels entirely off what degree you want unless it's something extremely specific. it's a good idea to go on some good unis websites though and look at the degrees that interest you and what subjects you'd need :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by faggstagram
you're all wrong about business. when taken next to multiple other facilitating subjects, it is regarded equally and will not bring down your application. my friend was apprehensive about taking it at a level so my sixth form contacted some Russell group universities and asked for her and they said it wouldn't be something that would make them refuse an application as long as it was taken alongside strong subjects.

your options seem sound to me though :smile: take what you enjoy most and will excel in, your possible career ideas could change at any time so don't base your a levels entirely off what degree you want unless it's something extremely specific. it's a good idea to go on some good unis websites though and look at the degrees that interest you and what subjects you'd need :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely!!! DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH PASSION NOT WHAT YOUR PARENTS OR OTHERS WANT YOU TO DO!
Original post by Narain
But you have to remember you want to make yourself the best possible candidate to the uni and for the degree you want to do. Unis especially Russel group ones are so competitive to get in to. You cannot afford to pick a simple subject especially with a competitive degree like finance/economics.

Lol even then I know some who did a levels in English, history and business who got into the economics and accounting program in Edinburgh university (one of the hardest russell group university to get into)

A good PS and reference can do wonders

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grassntai
Yet plenty of students who've done Business at A level have gone on to do their bachelors in Russell Group universities.

It's fine having one simple subject; it's better then doing 4 well regarded subjects and bombing all of them because of the workload.

Really, when they are already taking Economics? It's not something my school would advise.
Original post by harryprew638
The OP?

OP means 'Original Poster' which is you.
Original post by Narain
But you have to remember you want to make yourself the best possible candidate to the uni and for the degree you want to do. Unis especially Russel group ones are so competitive to get in to. You cannot afford to pick a simple subject especially with a competitive degree like finance/economics.

I think the wrong idea has come across, i'm NOT DOING BUSINESS STUDIES! Just economics!
Reply 26
thats fine economics has a lot of future job possibilities
Original post by faggstagram

Posted from TSR Mobile

Business is certainly less respected than economics, and doing the two together would without doubt be worse than doing economics + something else, or indeed business + something else
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest