The Student Room Group

AS Level Product Design Revision

I am currently doing the AS Product Design course and the finals are coming up soon. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to revise for Product Design?
The main problem is that we haven't done many theory lessons and so haven't learnt much so I need to know what to revise and how to revise.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Thank you
I'm new to the student room so don't really know what I'm doing haha
But thank you for the help
Original post by cookie_mucher98
I am currently doing the AS Product Design course and the finals are coming up soon. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to revise for Product Design?
The main problem is that we haven't done many theory lessons and so haven't learnt much so I need to know what to revise and how to revise.

Hi, what exam board are you on? I do Product design A level and am currently doing it for A2.

The best way to revise for product Design is print off the specification and see what the exam board demands from you. After that you can start making revision cards and structured notes on relevant content from your text book. It is also useful to make posters to get processes in your head. I would recommend flash cards for learning about materials and their properties.

Keep re-capping content, so keep reading your notes and revision cards. When you feel confident do some past papers, see where you're going wrong and begin to focus your revision. If you are still doing badly in past papers despite knowing the content, then focus your revision on technique and look at examiner reports.

I hope this helps, any questions just ask! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Claire.08T
Hi, what exam board are you on? I do Product design A level and am currently doing it for A2.

The best way to revise for product Design is print off the specification and see what the exam board demands from you. After that you can start making revision cards and structured notes on relevant content from your text book. It is also useful to make posters to get processes in your head. I would recommend flash cards for learning about materials and their properties.

Keep re-capping content, so keep reading your notes and revision cards. When you feel confident do some past papers, see where you're going wrong and begin to focus your revision. If you are still doing badly in past papers despite knowing the content, then focus your revision on technique and look at examiner reports.

I hope this helps, any questions just ask! Good luck :smile:

The exam board is AQA.
Thank you so much this is great advice, I really appreciate it :smile:
Original post by cookie_mucher98
The exam board is AQA.
Thank you so much this is great advice, I really appreciate it :smile:

No worries, I do edexcel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending