The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

fashion illustration LCF

Hi, I'm a yr 10 student but when I leave college and all, I want to do fashion illustration at LCF. Ik I'm yr 10 and its far off but I would like to know what you do in the course, I've looked online but just want someone to say what they did and all. Also, I've looked online and the only place that does fashion illustration is here so does anyone know any other uni that does it (not abroad) but not fashion design as I'm not that good at making clothing. Thanks
You're in Year 10, it's wayyy to early to be thinking about university but since you asked..
It's the only fashion illustration course in the country. This is not a designing course on this course it's under 'The School of Media and Communication' within LCF, you are an illustrator who's work relates to fashion.

You will be expected to be drawing all the time.

In terms of your first year you will have a drawing project and an essay to complete each term. When it comes to classes, you will have a day a week dedicated to the essay, so lectures and seminars. Another day dedicated to project based workshops, so learning experimental or digital techniques you can use. We have life drawing classes almost every Friday and all of your project work that you will be assessed on has to be completed as independent study. You are encouraged to refine your skills whilst experimenting with them incorporating new media. It's great if you're brilliant with technical drawing, but a drawing that looks exactly like a photograph isn't very interesting. However this may have all changed by the time you will have started university.

It's great you're looking at options but leave the course-picking until after sixth form. I recommend you do the year of the Foundation in Art and Design course too before you apply for university, that year is a big learning curve as to where you want to place yourself on the spectrum of art and design.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by soph-isabella
You're in Year 10, it's wayyy to early to be thinking about university but since you asked..
It's the only fashion illustration course in the country. This is not a designing course on this course it's under 'The School of Media and Communication' within LCF, you are an illustrator who's work relates to fashion.

You will be expected to be drawing all the time.

In terms of your first year you will have a drawing project and an essay to complete each term. When it comes to classes, you will have a day a week dedicated to the essay, so lectures and seminars. Another day dedicated to project based workshops, so learning experimental or digital techniques you can use. We have life drawing classes almost every Friday and all of your project work that you will be assessed on has to be completed as independent study. You are encouraged to refine your skills whilst experimenting with them incorporating new media. It's great if you're brilliant with technical drawing, but a drawing that looks exactly like a photograph isn't very interesting. However this may have all changed by the time you will have started university.

It's great you're looking at options but leave the course-picking until after sixth form. I recommend you do the year of the Foundation in Art and Design course too before you apply for university, that year is a big learning curve as to where you want to place yourself on the spectrum of art and design.

Thanks, this really helped. Got some questions though: Does it have to be A levels because I am really looking to do a btec (lv 3 fashion and textiles (worth 3 a levels)) at my local college as its relevant. But people say I wont get a place in uni if I did a BTEC so what shall I do? Second question is you know you said about the foundation in art and design, is that a college/sixth form course or a uni one or something else? Thanks again for your help :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending