The Student Room Group

Why do girls sugar-coat each other's facebook pictures?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karmacrunch
What makes you think that we all do/are all like this? :colonhash:

:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok not all but most girls lol
i'm sure you've done it?
Original post by Vikki1805
When my Boo is looking good, she needs to be told. If her eyebrows are on point I'll tell her and if her hair is on fleek, I'll make it known.

:pierre:

Erm you kinda got that mixed up there....

Only eyebrows can be on fleek :redface:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Erm you kinda got that mixed up there....

Only eyebrows can be on fleek :redface:

Oh no, my dear. your hair can be on fleek. :smug:
Original post by Arkasia
Disappointing? It was great :frown:

My point is that there is no reply when someone says "not all X are like Y", other than either pointing out the original statement was purposefully homogenizing to make a point, or to just say something even more ludicrous. I went for the latter.

It really wasn't! :tongue: :rofl:

Oooooh. I get what you mean.
Original post by bittr n swt
ok not all but most girls lol
i'm sure you've done it?

:eyeball:
Can confirm that I haven't. :tongue: but I will compliment when someone looks good etc. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it displays pack behaviour. If they comment on the popular, good-looking person's picture, they are then associated with what the picture displays/portrays. It also could be a youth thing, as I don't see many people 18+ posting heavily text-speak comments like that (or I'm just lucky with who I add). :smile:
Reply 45
The topic of this thread just strikes me as an unnecessary attack on teenage girls (as if we don't go through enough sh*t as it is). How (certain groups of) women choose to comport themselves and interact with each other is their prerogative, and getting so vehemently angry over the matter is just an embarrassing demonstration of misogyny.

But if it's an answer you're looking for –and not just an attempt to incite a discourse laced with unfounded, irrelevant disdain– I'd attribute this phenomenon of "sugar-coated" comments to the revelation that girls supporting other girls and encouraging self-esteem is a small but significant gesture. Just think how important kindness and solidarity is when our entire gender is up against the patriarchy and billion-dollar industries with the specific objective of perpetuating our insecurity.
I personally give compliments genuinely. #justsaying girls love to gush about one another.

Quick Reply

Latest