The Student Room Group

Is Blue Coat (Liverpool) a good choice?

So my sister is starting her A levels this September, she got an offer from Blue Coat; however, she says that if she goes there, her chances of getting into Oxbridge will be lower since most of her classmates will be more or less on her level academically. She also says that the teachers there are supposedly all horrible and it's only because of the students that the school is doing well.

She has her eye on another, new, school called Life Sciences UTC.

I'm not really sure about her logic when it comes to Blue Coat. I mean, on one hand it makes sense, but on the other, it's built on assumptions. What do you think I should do?

Btw, she'll be needing a more lenient system for maths as she's going to take extra modules.
100% go to Blue Coat over UTC! It gets way better results, it's a grammar school and just because everyone is intelligent it doesn't lessen her chance of getting into Oxbridge (they don't take like a certain amount from each school or anything). Blue Coat sends about 5 students to Oxbridge each year, I don't think UTC sent any last year.

So yep! Blue Coat is a great choice, I'd tell her to take the opportunity as not many get the chance to go there.
Actually they send about 15 each year from 180
Can anyone advise where I can source past papers for year 7 blue coats from last few years please
Original post by username1599987
So my sister is starting her A levels this September, she got an offer from Blue Coat; however, she says that if she goes there, her chances of getting into Oxbridge will be lower since most of her classmates will be more or less on her level academically. She also says that the teachers there are supposedly all horrible and it's only because of the students that the school is doing well.
She has her eye on another, new, school called Life Sciences UTC.
I'm not really sure about her logic when it comes to Blue Coat. I mean, on one hand it makes sense, but on the other, it's built on assumptions. What do you think I should do?
Btw, she'll be needing a more lenient system for maths as she's going to take extra modules.
My daughter came home saying the psychics teacher and her engaged English teacher were feeling each other up during school time in the classroom. They shouldn’t be exposed to that

Quick Reply

Latest