The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Official Rep Q&A - Here to help

Scroll to see replies

When will Liverpool give out interviews for dentistry students??
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
How many students does the international business course normally take?
Original post by StannisTheKing
A few more questions. When am I able to apply for accomodation for 2016/17? And when does applying for student finance start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Stannis - you'll receive your invitation to apply for accommodation by email once you receive an offer from us. Student Finance is now open for applications.
Hope this helps
Emily
Original post by Lyonnesse
Hi,
Do they normally interview for history? Will they for 2016 entry?
Thanks

Hello - we don't interview for History - your offer would be based on your application.
Hope this helps.
Emily
Reply 84
I received an offer for Microbiology yesterday and made it my firm choice today but I have had no email from Liverpool saying that they have offered me a conditional offer or any further information. Should I be expecting an email since other universities that offered sent one?
Hi I am currently in year 12 and have recently received a place for the Liverpool Scholars Scheme in which I am guaranteed a conditional offer for any degree I want to do, along with reduced UCAS points and entry requirements. I was wondering if these benefits still apply to medicine applicants since I am hoping to apply for medicine, yet it almost seems too easy to automatically have a conditional offer due to the competitive nature of Medicine. Does anybody happen to know whether the same rules apply? Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 86
Hi, I have an interview for Medicine coming up soon.
I was just wondering roughly how many hours a week there are of PBL sessions / other formal teaching for Medicine?
And roughly how many hours of self-directed learning are expected?
Reply 87
I still haven't heard anything about my application. Not even an acknowledgement. Should I give up hope?
Reply 88
Hi there,

So i'm currently enrolled on an Access Course, I have been offered a Conditional offer based on distinctions in all units for Occupational therapy starting in September. I currently have achieved distinctions in everything I have handed in, and with the motivation of a place at UoL I should get the rest of them, but is there any leniancy if I dropped one to a Merit for example do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Hi :smile: I've applied and been accepted to Classical Studies and Egyptology, and I just wanted to know if I would be eligible for the Excellence Scholarship if I got A* B B or A* A* B. Also, I'm planning on living at home, but I'm worried I'll miss out on everything, even though I'm not a social person. Is there any clubs or societies or activities I can be a part of even though I won't be in halls? Thanks :smile:
Original post by OwlMagic153
Hi :smile: I've applied and been accepted to Classical Studies and Egyptology, and I just wanted to know if I would be eligible for the Excellence Scholarship if I got A* B B or A* A* B. Also, I'm planning on living at home, but I'm worried I'll miss out on everything, even though I'm not a social person. Is there any clubs or societies or activities I can be a part of even though I won't be in halls? Thanks :smile:

It says on the website somewhere that you can only get an Excellence Scholarship if you get AAA+ over three subjects. And I believe you can join the societies anyway, except for hall specific ones, but don't quote me on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by University of Liverpool
Hi there and welcome to the official University of Liverpool thread on The Student Room.

We're here to help so if you have any questions you'd like to ask, post them here :smile:

Would it be possible to see a timetable for Egyptology, or preferably Egyptology with Chinese? Thank you so much! :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I would like to know how many grades do Liverpool allow slippage for with Engineering? For example I have extenuating circumstances which means I may not achieve AAA which is my offer. Do I need to let the university know and have my school support via a reference? Would appreciate any assistance before firming
Original post by Edminzodo
Would it be possible to see a timetable for Egyptology, or preferably Egyptology with Chinese? Thank you so much! :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

You can find a sample timetable for undergraduate students in our online publication for Egyptology: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/media/livacuk/study/undergraduate/brochures/2016/UoL,-,ACE.pdf

If you have any further queries, you can also contact the department directly. Contact details can be found on: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/archaeology-classics-and-egyptology/contact-us/

Hope this helps,
Sophie
Original post by Shivvyshiv1
Hello, I would like to know how many grades do Liverpool allow slippage for with Engineering? For example I have extenuating circumstances which means I may not achieve AAA which is my offer. Do I need to let the university know and have my school support via a reference? Would appreciate any assistance before firming

Hi there,

I would advise emailing the University with your extenuating circumstances so that these can be taken into consideration when assessing your application. You will need your school/college to send details of this over to the admissions office. You can find contact details for your admissions officer in any email correspondence about your offer from the University.

Hope this helps,
Sophie
Original post by OwlMagic153

Hi,

The qualification criteria for our Excellence Scholarship can be found on our website: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/finance/scholarships/liverpool-excellence-scholarship/

You are more than welcome to join societies and participate in activities despite living at home. Once you are a registered student with us, you will have the opportunity to attend our Welcome Fair in September to meet new students and join lots of exciting societies and clubs :smile:

All the best,
Sophie
Original post by shaw456
Hi there,

So i'm currently enrolled on an Access Course, I have been offered a Conditional offer based on distinctions in all units for Occupational therapy starting in September. I currently have achieved distinctions in everything I have handed in, and with the motivation of a place at UoL I should get the rest of them, but is there any leniancy if I dropped one to a Merit for example do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

As your question relates to Occupational Therapy, you will need to contact the admissions team within the School of Health Sciences as, due to the complex nature of entry requirements for our Health Science programmes, the team deal with their own enquiries independently.

You can contact the admissions office by emailing [email protected] or by calling 0151 794 5712.

Hope this helps,
Sophie
Original post by University of Liverpool
Hi there,

You can find a sample timetable for undergraduate students in our online publication for Egyptology: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/media/livacuk/study/undergraduate/brochures/2016/UoL,-,ACE.pdf

If you have any further queries, you can also contact the department directly. Contact details can be found on: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/archaeology-classics-and-egyptology/contact-us/

Hope this helps,
Sophie

Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I was wondering if accommodation is given out on a first come, first serve basic or not. I'm worried I'll have a lesser chance of getting into my preferred halls as I am unable to apply for accommodation until I firm my offer from Liverpool- which I can't do until I receive responses from all my uni choices (one of which said at interview they wouldn't respond until April).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I was wondering when you would be getting back to Medical applications post interview with their offers/rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending