The Student Room Group

Verdicts on Glasgow?

Spending a few days in Glasgow. Anyone local or visited it? What are your verdicts??
Reply 1
Great city, reminds me a lot of Liverpool. The Cathedral is worth a visit, they have St Mungo's grave in the crypt.
Horrible place filled with angry people and nasty junkies, I'll never risk another trip.

Most of Glasgow's street homeless are not beggars but they are very aggressive and foul mouthed while the police turn a blind eye to avoid arrests that mean having to put up with them in their police cells.
Fife and Edinburgh are much more pleasant Scottish places to visit.
Original post by mallowtopia
Horrible place filled with angry people and nasty junkies, I'll never risk another trip.

Most of Glasgow's street homeless are not beggars but they are very aggressive and foul mouthed while the police turn a blind eye to avoid arrests that mean having to put up with them in their police cells.
Fife and Edinburgh are much more pleasant Scottish places to visit.
Are you Scottish or English?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Spending a few days in Glasgow. Anyone local or visited it? What are your verdicts??
Hey @SaucissonSecCy 😀 When are you visiting? If you let me know the sort of things you enjoy/are looking to do I'd be happy to have a think of some recommendations/pointers! I've lived in/near Glasgow all my life and studied and work here, so would gladly help!

Caitlin 🎓️
University of Strathclyde Rep
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @SaucissonSecCy 😀 When are you visiting? If you let me know the sort of things you enjoy/are looking to do I'd be happy to have a think of some recommendations/pointers! I've lived in/near Glasgow all my life and studied and work here, so would gladly help!

Caitlin 🎓️
University of Strathclyde Rep
Hi Caitlin, I actually go home tomorrow, I am finished up now. But thanks very much for your offer. I've had a good experience here it's a very friendly city👍
Hi Caitlin, I actually go home tomorrow, I am finished up now. But thanks very much for your offer. I've had a good experience here it's a very friendly city👍
Oh I see! Sorry I was too late to pitch in with any suggestions! Really glad you enjoyed your time though 😀 Safe travels home tomorrow!!

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 7
It is the second worst British city.
Are you Scottish or English?
English

Quick Reply

Latest