The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool widening participation for medicine and dentistry

Hi All
How Liverpool medical and dental schools seek proofs from applicants on their eligibility of being WP applicants. I mean here students from other cities of the UK.

Regards
Original post by mass63
Hi All
How Liverpool medical and dental schools seek proofs from applicants on their eligibility of being WP applicants. I mean here students from other cities of the UK.

Regards

Hi there,

Typically you can qualify as WP student based upon your address or/and your school (because some of the programs recruit via the socio-economic background in the area, and/or university participation rates). Other are based upon factors such as being a care leaver or having certain disabilities, in that case I believe the information is taken from UCAS. You can read more about the targetted groups in WP here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/widening-participation/about-us/targeted-groups/

I hope this is helpful :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Typically you can qualify as WP student based upon your address or/and your school (because some of the programs recruit via the socio-economic background in the area, and/or university participation rates). Other are based upon factors such as being a care leaver or having certain disabilities, in that case I believe the information is taken from UCAS. You can read more about the targetted groups in WP here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/widening-participation/about-us/targeted-groups/

I hope this is helpful :smile:

Hi malachy
Thanks for your reply. Does that mean Liverpool medical and dental schools do not have process outside the UCAS application such as completing forms to establish eligibility as WP such Free school meals and 16 to 19 bursary etc?
Original post by mass63
Hi malachy
Thanks for your reply. Does that mean Liverpool medical and dental schools do not have process outside the UCAS application such as completing forms to establish eligibility as WP such Free school meals and 16 to 19 bursary etc?

Hi there,

As far as I know there is no other processes outside of UCAS that they use, it says on their website they take part in the usual WP programs that the University of Liverpool run. If you did want to confirm this I would advise you to email the medical and dental schools to check.

Reply 4
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

As far as I know there is no other processes outside of UCAS that they use, it says on their website they take part in the usual WP programs that the University of Liverpool run. If you did want to confirm this I would advise you to email the medical and dental schools to check.

Hi Malachy
My son attended the Widening Participation for dentistry at Plymouth programme last summer. He qualify for WP status there. Obviously we live down south of the country hence did not attend any WP programme organised by Liverpool.
Kind regards
Original post by mass63
Hi Malachy
My son attended the Widening Participation for dentistry at Plymouth programme last summer. He qualify for WP status there. Obviously we live down south of the country hence did not attend any WP programme organised by Liverpool.
Kind regards

Hi there,

I am not sure if this would count, as it could be a WP program that was specific for Plymouth. In this case, I would contact the medical or dentistry school directly, I don't want to give incorrect advice regarding this issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending