The Student Room Group

My boyfriend compliments this one girl, should I confront him?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Astronomical
Oh, grow up. This is literally pathetic. Since when was it a crime to compliment people? You're his girlfriend not his owner.

When did I say I owned him?

Original post by Arkasia
Ok.

Firstly I LOVE how you can't answer my question: would you like if you your girlfriend was consantly complimenting another guy? asked three times now no answer??

I'm NOT jealous if he talks to another girl ( so long as if it's not flirting,etc) he can have girl friends like I said and he can look at another girl and think wow
There's a difference between him thinking that other girls are good-looking,having girls as friends/speaking to other girls and complimenting another girl all the time and him flirting with other girls.. difference between innocently talking to other girls and complimenting other girls.

I'm jealous of the compliments, I'm not jealous that he finds other girls good-looking... two different things, that's what I meant.

Original post by Emily.97
Yeah, I wouldn't like it. It certainly isnt a big issue and not worth getting too worked up about, but there is something about it that makes me uncomfortable. Not experiencing irritations like that is one brilliant thing about being single for me.

Yeah I'm not going to break up with him for it but yes it makes me feel uncomfortable, he compliments her all the time...
Original post by Anonymous
When did I say I owned him?

Firstly I LOVE how you can't answer my question: would you like if you your girlfriend was consantly complimenting another guy? asked three times now no answer??

I'm NOT jealous if he talks to another girl ( so long as if it's not flirting,etc) he can have girl friends like I said and he can look at another girl and think wow
There's a difference between him thinking that other girls are good-looking,having girls as friends/speaking to other girls and complimenting another girl all the time and him flirting with other girls.. difference between innocently talking to other girls and complimenting other girls.

I'm jealous of the compliments, I'm not jealous that he finds other girls good-looking... two different things, that's what I meant.

Yeah I'm not going to break up with him for it but yes it makes me feel uncomfortable, he compliments her all the time...

I wasn't suggesting you break up with him, I was just merely saying, in my experience, its easier not having to deal with those kind of irritations. Its up to you what you do to deal with it, but he should try to understand how you feel.
Reply 22
He complements her? They must be having sex.
I wasn't suggesting you break up with him, I was just merely saying, in my experience, its easier not having to deal with those kind of irritations. Its up to you what you do to deal with it, but he should try to understand how you feel.

I know you weren't :smile: I was trying to say yeah I know it's not that big of a issue :smile:
Original post by LTG
He complements her? They must be having sex.

Ooooh. Again I don't class it as cheating but it does make me feel uncomfortable
I know you weren't :smile: I was trying to say yeah I know it's not that big of a issue :smile:

Okie dokie.
Have you told him how you feel about this? I do hope he comes down to your level and doesn't simply dismiss it.
Okie dokie.
Have you told him how you feel about this? I do hope he comes down to your level and doesn't simply dismiss it.

Not yet :/ I will do :smile:
try make yourself more attractive, to distract him from the other girl
Original post by Bombay-Tough-Guy
try make yourself more attractive, to distract him from the other girl

lol
I will confront him now and just sya it makes me feel a bit jealous

/end thread.
Clingy/10
Haha you clingy get over it, you're never going to be the only girl in his life whilst there's prettier girls out there
You should speak to him about how you feel. Him liking the pictures may be an innocent thing and nothing to worry about, nevertheless it's made you concerned and insecure. If you speak to him, you'll hear what he has to say and you'll feel better about getting it out in the open. He may be flattered that you really like him and he might confirm to you that you're the one he really cares about. :smile:
Original post by bittr n swt
Haha you clingy get over it, you're never going to be the only girl in his life whilst there's prettier girls out there

So every man has side chicks? okay, would you like it if your girlfriend was constantly compliementing the same guy all the time?

Clingy/10

How? would you like it if your girlfriend was constantly compliementing the same guy all the time?

Original post by NotJustAName
You should speak to him about how you feel. Him liking the pictures may be an innocent thing and nothing to worry about, nevertheless it's made you concerned and insecure. If you speak to him, you'll hear what he has to say and you'll feel better about getting it out in the open. He may be flattered that you really like him and he might confirm to you that you're the one he really cares about. :smile:

yeah, i've already said i'm going to do and it's end of thread sooooo yeah end of thread
So every man has side chicks? okay, would you like it if your girlfriend was constantly compliementing the same guy all the time?

How? would you like it if your girlfriend was constantly compliementing the same guy all the time?

yeah, i've already said i'm going to do and it's end of thread sooooo yeah end of thread

Honestly? On a scale from 1 to 100 it would bother me at around a 5. I'm confident enough in my own skin to not really be worried.
Honestly? On a scale from 1 to 100 it would bother me at around a 5. I'm confident enough in my own skin to not really be worried.

Yeah I don't think he's cheating or wants to cheat, I don't mind him having girl friends or talking to girls and I know if he sees a good-looking girl he's going to think 'wow she's hot' whatever, that won't bother me at all. Idk him complimenting this girl just makes me feel jealous, taking a look and complimenting are different to me :s-smilie: but this is my first boyfriend so yeah

Side chicks? Do you even know what that means! Ffs

He's dating you so he wants you but don't be afraid. If my girl was complementing the same guy I wouldn't care as long as she's complimenting me too

He's dating you so he wants you but don't be afraid. If my girl was complementing the same guy I wouldn't care as long as she's complimenting me too

Yes I do?

and it's not that's i'm afraid him cheating or I think he doesn't want me, i'm not going to go all ' do't even ****ing look at another ****ing girl or tlak to another ****ing girl ' idk it's just that he compliments her all the time, like this sounds so childish but he only likes my photos but always likes and compliments her, he doesn't even comment on mine, I don't mind him looking at her photos and thinking wow but the compliments make me feel jealous :s-smilie: but I don't see it as a huge issue and maybe I feel like this because it's my first boyfriend:/

& just to add on he compliments me on inbox or irl but idk the fact he compliments her makes my skin crawl
Okie dokie.

My ex used to be like this. He'd always post really flirty comments on a girl from his uni's photos, and would only type "pretty " or "" on mine. I asked him and he kept saying "we're really good friends in uni" "she's my closest girl friend" "we hang around the same people" and all of that crap. Funny how after we broke up, he ended up dating this "good friend" of his, they're still together now in fact. If you're persistently uncomfortable and always questioning what your boyfriend is doing, it's best that you confront him. If he carries on knowing that you don't like it, leave him - he's not worth your time.
Oh, grow up. This is literally pathetic. Since when was it a crime to compliment people? You're his girlfriend not his owner.
Original post by scriberg
hes probably just doing it to make her feel better for whatever reason or just being friendly to her dont worry especially if he's not doing it behind your back and tries to avoid it from you
Original post by Arkasia
He's liking her pictures on FB, it's hardly evidence he is banging her. You are probably the only one who pays attention to this, so it's only as embarrassing as you try to make it. Just ignore it.
Original post by shawn_o1
It's the internet, don't take it seriously. If it happens for real i.e. your bf throws a random compliment on a girl and ends up getting close to her, leave him for good

This is my thread and he cheated lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending