The Student Room Group

I hate my boyfriends body count

Hi, I’m a 18F and my boyfriend is 19M. We’ve been dating for about 7/8 months now and he is the sweetest guy ever. He’s attentive, loving, generous, and overall just an amazing guy. I can’t think of one thing about him that I don’t love.

I’m a pretty insecure person at the best of times - I don’t think I’m particularly beautiful or even very good looking. I tend to compare myself to people a lot, and I know that’s my own issue and no one else’s, but that’s just the way I am.

I have a body count of 4 and my boyfriends is over 10, although he won’t tell me exactly how many. He has told me the names of some of the girls and I know them, which just makes it so much more worse.

I see them around our town all the time and they’re so gorgeous, everything I wish I was and sometimes I wonder why my boyfriend chose ME out of all these girls he literally could’ve had.

I know I’m not exactly the Virgin Mary either but all of the people I’ve slept with have been either people I’ve dated or talked to, whereas my boyfriend has engaged in a lot of casual sex/hookups/one night stands. He’s had one other relationship before me.

Idk, I know a lot of this is my own issue, and my own insecurities, but I just hate knowing who these people are, seeing them around my town, especially when I’m with my boyfriend and they see us and I know they know what he looks like naked!!! I just hate it!!

Is there any way I can move past this? I love my boyfriend to bits and I wouldn’t wanna date anyone other than him, I just hate how insecure I get.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m a 18F and my boyfriend is 19M. We’ve been dating for about 7/8 months now and he is the sweetest guy ever. He’s attentive, loving, generous, and overall just an amazing guy. I can’t think of one thing about him that I don’t love.

I’m a pretty insecure person at the best of times - I don’t think I’m particularly beautiful or even very good looking. I tend to compare myself to people a lot, and I know that’s my own issue and no one else’s, but that’s just the way I am.

I have a body count of 4 and my boyfriends is over 10, although he won’t tell me exactly how many. He has told me the names of some of the girls and I know them, which just makes it so much more worse.

I see them around our town all the time and they’re so gorgeous, everything I wish I was and sometimes I wonder why my boyfriend chose ME out of all these girls he literally could’ve had.

I know I’m not exactly the Virgin Mary either but all of the people I’ve slept with have been either people I’ve dated or talked to, whereas my boyfriend has engaged in a lot of casual sex/hookups/one night stands. He’s had one other relationship before me.

Idk, I know a lot of this is my own issue, and my own insecurities, but I just hate knowing who these people are, seeing them around my town, especially when I’m with my boyfriend and they see us and I know they know what he looks like naked!!! I just hate it!!

Is there any way I can move past this? I love my boyfriend to bits and I wouldn’t wanna date anyone other than him, I just hate how insecure I get.

But according to your boyfriend, you're better than all the girls he's been with before. (Otherwise he'd be with one of them...)
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
But according to your boyfriend, you're better than all the girls he's been with before. (Otherwise he'd be with one of them...)

That’s true! He’s a lovely person and is always reassuring me and complimenting me. I think the issue is more that I hate walking around our town and seeing girls that ik have slept with my boyfriend and it just makes me feel really icky and gross. But I can’t tell if I’m being insecure or if that’s a normal feeling
Reply 3
Think about it this way. You're only his second relationship - if these girls were as great as you may think they are, he'd be with one of them now. Hooking up with someone is a very different thing to being in a relationship and the former is much less important than the other. What do you think he could do to make you feel validated as his girlfriend, or that the other girls are not competition even indirectly?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

In general, having a high body count regardless of gender is a red flag...it just means that when the time comes, it is likely that person may break up or cheat on you. I'm not suggesting that you break up with him, but this is just something to consider. Your insecurities, on the other hand, are very relatable, and all I can say is to try your best to not focus on those girls and focus on yourself. Work out, choose your friends wisely, and if you go to school, achieve those high grades. When you do all of this, you may not realise it, but over time you will become prettier and wiser, and all of your insecurities will not matter.
Original post by Nice_100
In general, having a high body count regardless of gender is a red flag...it just means that when the time comes, it is likely that person may break up or cheat on you. I'm not suggesting that you break up with him, but this is just something to consider. Your insecurities, on the other hand, are very relatable, and all I can say is to try your best to not focus on those girls and focus on yourself. Work out, choose your friends wisely, and if you go to school, achieve those high grades. When you do all of this, you may not realise it, but over time you will become prettier and wiser, and all of your insecurities will not matter.

.... On the other hand... maybe it was something he needed to get out of his system and is now ready for a meaningful relationship; if not he thought it was something he craved (peer pressure and all that), and decided it wasn't the lifestyle for him.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 6
Maybe he wants to be serious with you? and him revealing his body count to you shows a bit of trust.
Reply 7

I have not seen any valid evidence that someone with a high body count is more likely to cheat.
In general, having a high body count regardless of gender is a red flag...it just means that when the time comes, it is likely that person may break up or cheat on you.

Having a high body count does not mean this.
Reply 9
Although it’s not ideal for you, it’s best to be self assured on this. You can’t change the past and you’re the one that’s won his heart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending