The Student Room Group

My boyfriend compliments this one girl, should I confront him?

Like YES I understand that if he sees a good-looking girl he will think 'wow' or whatever

But, idk we both know this one girl and he compliments her and likes her picture of both, sometimes he only like my pictures and he told me that he didn't really like her too much :s-smilie:.. it's making me feel jealous, I mean yeah she is good-looking but idk it makes me feel jealous feel like liking on commenting on other guys pictures to get back at him, but I know that's just a **** move, what do I do, first boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And sometimes I see him like other girls pictures BUT he ALWAYS compliments this one girl.
It's the internet, don't take it seriously. If it happens for real i.e. your bf throws a random compliment on a girl and ends up getting close to her, leave him for good
Reply 3
Guys can do this without it meaning very much to be honest. But if he knows its upsetting you then it is pretty disrespectful. Tell him you don't like it and if it doesn't stop that you're freeing him to go and make 1000 babies with her, while you seek someone better.
Reply 4
* He compliments her, saids ' beautiful' or 'fine' or likes her or does both, sometimes he only likes my picture never compliments them and he told me he didn't like her too much but he's calling her fie on FB? It makes me feel embarrassed because it's public!
Reply 5
He's liking her pictures on FB, it's hardly evidence he is banging her. You are probably the only one who pays attention to this, so it's only as embarrassing as you try to make it. Just ignore it.
Did you discuss that it makes you uncomfortable and if so how did he reply? Maybe he really thinks nothing of it but I don't know if I'd really like my boyfriend to call another girl "fine" all the time either tbh. Just liking the photo is one thing but the comments are potentially another!
hes probably just doing it to make her feel better for whatever reason or just being friendly to her

dont worry especially if he's not doing it behind your back and tries to avoid it from you
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
Guys can do this without it meaning very much to be honest. But if he knows its upsetting you then it is pretty disrespectful. Tell him you don't like it and if it doesn't stop that you're freeing him to go and make 1000 babies with her, while you seek someone better.

Yeah

Original post by shawn_o1
It's the internet, don't take it seriously. If it happens for real i.e. your bf throws a random compliment on a girl and ends up getting close to her, leave him for good

I know it's just Facebook but he's still complimenting another girl..
I honestly don't think it being online makes a difference, it's natural to get a bit jealous when your partner is giving attention to someone else, I know I'd be a bit bothered by it! I think you should confront him, just explain to him that you're bit uncomfortable with it and see if he'll listen to why you're feeling that way etc. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arkasia
He's liking her pictures on FB, it's hardly evidence he is banging her. You are probably the only one who pays attention to this, so it's only as embarrassing as you try to make it. Just ignore it.

Lol I didn't say he is banging her or cheating on me with her??????????????...

I meant it's embarrassing because it's public on Facebook? Yeah probably no-one who knows us cares but I just feel jealous and feel it's kinda disrepecting, would you like your girlfriend complimenting just this one guy all the time?
Original post by Changing Skies
I honestly don't think it being online makes a difference, it's natural to get a bit jealous when your partner is giving attention to someone else, I know I'd be a bit bothered by it! I think you should confront him, just explain to him that you're bit uncomfortable with it and see if he'll listen to why you're feeling that way etc. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's what I feel like too. and yeah i'll do that thanks
Original post by puddingbot
Did you discuss that it makes you uncomfortable and if so how did he reply? Maybe he really thinks nothing of it but I don't know if I'd really like my boyfriend to call another girl "fine" all the time either tbh. Just liking the photo is one thing but the comments are potentially another!

No I haven't
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah

I know it's just Facebook but he's still complimenting another girl..

My ex used to be like this. He'd always post really flirty comments on a girl from his uni's photos, and would only type "pretty :smile:" or ":wink:" on mine.

I asked him and he kept saying "we're really good friends in uni" "she's my closest girl friend" "we hang around the same people" and all of that crap.

Funny how after we broke up, he ended up dating this "good friend" of his, they're still together now in fact.

If you're persistently uncomfortable and always questioning what your boyfriend is doing, it's best that you confront him. If he carries on knowing that you don't like it, leave him - he's not worth your time.
Lol I didn't say he is banging her or cheating on me with her??????????????...

I meant it's embarrassing because it's public on Facebook? Yeah probably no-one who knows us cares but I just feel jealous and feel it's kinda disrepecting, would you like your girlfriend complimenting just this one guy all the time?

I know, now let go of the question mark key. I am saying you sound insecure, and your reasons for 'confronting him' are incredibly petty and childish.

It's not embarrassing because no-one cares. People like other pictures all the time, and you are probably the only one keeping note of your boyfriend's history. You don't own him, he is free to do what he wants. As I said, it's hardly cheating, so you should just forget it.
Original post by Arkasia
I know, now let go of the question mark key. I am saying you sound insecure, and your reasons for 'confronting him' are incredibly petty and childish.

It's not embarrassing because no-one cares. People like other pictures all the time, and you are probably the only one keeping note of your boyfriend's history. You don't own him, he is free to do what he wants. As I said, it's hardly cheating, so you should just forget it.

I know it's not cheating!!!! I'm not stalking him or controlling him though, You're acting like i'm getting jealous if he even so looks at or talks to another girl. This isn't the case, he is free to find another girl good-looking? I don't think I own him at all, i'm not telling him that he can't speak to other girls because he's with me did i? Again he is free to find other girls attractive. I did start off with ' YES I understand that if he sees a good-looking girl he will think 'wow' ' I won't have a problem if he i'm with him and a good-looking girl walks past us and he thinks wow. I do not mind him having girls as friends, him speaking to other girls or finding other girls attractive. It's not like i'm stalking his profile, checking every single thing he does on social media and checking who comments on his stuff. ( His 'likes' and 'comments' come come up in my news feed )

Again he's not just liking he's complimenting the girl, like all the time. Like someone else commented I don't see how it's different because it's online, to me it's like he might as well compliment the girl right in front of my face in person. You didn't answer me, would you like it if your girlfriend was constantly complimenting one guy and just this one guy?

My ex used to be like this. He'd always post really flirty comments on a girl from his uni's photos, and would only type "pretty :smile:" or ":wink:" on mine.

I asked him and he kept saying "we're really good friends in uni" "she's my closest girl friend" "we hang around the same people" and all of that crap.

Funny how after we broke up, he ended up dating this "good friend" of his, they're still together now in fact.

If you're persistently uncomfortable and always questioning what your boyfriend is doing, it's best that you confront him. If he carries on knowing that you don't like it, leave him - he's not worth your time.

Wow.... yes I will confront him.
Oh, grow up. This is literally pathetic. Since when was it a crime to compliment people? You're his girlfriend not his owner.
Yeah, I wouldn't like it. It certainly isnt a big issue and not worth getting too worked up about, but there is something about it that makes me uncomfortable. Not experiencing irritations like that is one brilliant thing about being single for me.
(edited 9 years ago)
it's making me feel jealous, I mean yeah she is good-looking but idk it makes me feel jealous feel like liking on commenting on other guys pictures to get back at him

You're acting like i'm getting jealous if he even so looks at or talks to another girl. This isn't the case

Ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending