The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is why I'm determined not to just become a cog in the wheel of society and do something on my own terms that I enjoy. kthxbai.
Original post by damoni
yes, i know that not all jobs are 9-5, just an example really, but how does everyone do it? this is for people that dont enjoy their job. there is many jobs i'd love to do. but i'm doing work experience and don't like it.

how do people do it, day in, day out, and all that hard work, pressure, dressing downs from the boss, people you dont like, boredom, hard work, it just seems so hard? i dont think i'm cut out for it tbh.

If there was another way around it, id drop it like a bad habit. Work sucks.

Its not so much the work that actually sucks, the work can be interesting, the people can be good.

Its the obligation that you MUST do it 40 hours a week, you MUST get up early to do it, you MUST do it between the hours of 9-5, its so excessive and so mind numbingly boring and pointless.

I love lots of things. I love growing vegetables. I love playing chess. I love having sex. If you told me i had to get up at 7.30am 5 days a week to do these things without fail, and had to sit there from 9am to 5pm and do them regardless of how i felt, whether i wanted to that day, whether i felt tired, id lose interest in those things very, very quickly.

FORTY hours is just the work.....what about the travel, the overtime, the getting yourself ready.... Its not 40 hours, If youre lucky its more like 50.

Who wants to dedicate FIFTY hours a week to ANYTHING? let alone something thats supposedly there to fund "the rest of your life".

The thing thats supposed to fund "the rest of your life" IS your life because it takes up that much fvcking time.

But youre basically stuck with it because its the only other way you can survive.

You can either die of starvation, or "live" a half life through years of this **** to eventually retire. And then die anyway.

Latest