The Student Room Group

Happy to answer any RVC vet med questions!

Hi! I’m a 3rd year student at the RVC so please feel free to ask any questions about the uni, the course, the city or just want to talk I’m happy to help! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ellie_031
Hi! I’m a 3rd year student at the RVC so please feel free to ask any questions about the uni, the course, the city or just want to talk I’m happy to help! :smile:

Hi! I'm awaiting a response for the gateway course at RVC. How much free time do you get out of university per week? I've heard the workload at rvc is much larger than other vet unis but I'm not sure how true to word that is
Reply 2
Original post by ArjunR
Hi! I'm awaiting a response for the gateway course at RVC. How much free time do you get out of university per week? I've heard the workload at rvc is much larger than other vet unis but I'm not sure how true to word that is
Hi! So in gateway and first year you will have plenty of time to go out and have fun(I Sure did :smile: ) most days you will be in uni from around 9/10am to around 3/4pm with lots of breaks in between! You have around 2-3 weeks off at Christmas, 5 weeks off over Easter and then a big 12-13 weeks off in the summer to complete placements so plenty of time to unwind. 2nd year was a bit tougher for me the workload increased a lot but as long as you give yourself time to unwind and relax you should be all good! Obviously once you get to clinical years (3rd and above) the workload is significantly more I tend to be in uni 9-5 everyday plus staying to studying until around 8 but that’s just me weekends are still free and every Wednesday is a half day so you can have fun with your sports or society!
I got an offer to the accelerated program and was wondering how the day to day might be different for that course as compared to the 5 year! Any insight helps!
Reply 4
Original post by beeinvetmed
I got an offer to the accelerated program and was wondering how the day to day might be different for that course as compared to the 5 year! Any insight helps!

Hi! So I believe the accelerated programme is a little more chaotic than the 5 year programme as you have 2 years combined into 1 so I think it would mostly be 9-5 with lectures, group tasks, dissections and lab work there is also placements that you have to do outside of term time (AHEMS) I think it’s 12 weeks if experience but I’m not too sure about that as I had 2 years to do 12 weeks (I’m in the 5 year programme). I know I a lot of people say that first year is very intense and very heavy but as long as you manage your time well you will be okay! Once you get to the clinical years (years 3, 4 + 5) the pace slows down and you join the current BVetMed 2 in 3rd year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending