The Student Room Group

First time for girls

As a guy, it just scares me a bit. I have been 'told' that girls bleed the first time. I always thought that sex was associated with pleasure but, when blood is involved, it must be very painful, init?

And also, is it true that if the girls don't have sex for a month or so, whatever it is that causes them to bleed (the first time round) repairs itself?
Sometimes there's a few spots of blood, sometimes there isn't. It depends on lots of things.

The pain also depends on lots of things. Being tense and nervous increases the chances it will hurt, and being relaxed and aroused decreases it.

As a man, you can do quite a lot to affect that, including not putting pressure on anyone to have sex with you and believing them when they say that they do.
Original post by Anonymous

And also, is it true that if the girls don't have sex for a month or so, whatever it is that causes them to bleed (the first time round) repairs itself?

Absolutely not true :tongue: the thing is called the hymen which is a thin bit of skin that 'breaks' during the first time and that's what causes the bleeding. Once it's gone, it's gone (unless girls then undergo a reconstruction operation as is becoming increasingly popular in some cultures...). The hymen can also be broken through activities like horse riding or gymnastics so bleeding isn't 100% certain.
I didn't bleed for my first time. She needs to be relaxed, comfortable and things like lubrication should be used to prevent any tearing of the skin. (hi mods, I'm not sure if what I've posted is regarded as explicit content or not. Apologies if it is)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I personally didn't bleed the first time but it was absolutely agony and uncomfortable for a while, no matter how turned on I was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My first time, I didn't have any blood because my hymen had already broken. Yours might have broken already which will mean no bleeding. It is a mixture of pain and pleasure (more pleasure than pain) the first time because you want to do it again usually. Especially if your partner is well endowed!
As a guy, it just scares me a bit. I have been 'told' that girls bleed the first time. I always thought that sex was associated with pleasure but, when blood is involved, it must be very painful, init?

Sex is not as scary as everyone makes it out to be, honestly. When I lost my virginity I didn't bleed at all, but we were very sensible and started off with fingering which undoubtedly loosened the 'area'. I definitely recommend this if she/you is scared about it really hurting.

It hurt me only slightly, and he had to take it out then go back in. You just need to go slow and then after a few thrusts it feels really good for both of you.

About the not having sex for a while and bleeding thing, this is slightly true. It's not that it repairs itself and it's obviously different for every girl. But with me, this is 5 months after losing my virginity, it still feels quite 'new' when he inserts it the first time but again it doesn't after the first few thrusts it feels normal. There is never loads of blood, if you have really fast, deep sex then she might bleed a little but usually its just a wipe with a tissue and thats it.

It's not disgusting if you are with the right person and it's not scary if you are with the right person. If you are worried about blood i definitely recommend you start with fingering (one then two slowly) and just make sure she is relaxed - with a towel underneath.
It's not true that the hymen 'repairs' itself if you go without sex for a while or whatever. Once it's gone, it's gone!

The first time I had sex, yes, it was painful to start with, and I did bleed a bit, but after the initial pain it felt awesome :-) and after that been fine.
Agree with the above poster, although the hymen doesn't come back, if a woman goes without sex for a while it can feel a bit painful again (I went six months without sex before and it did hurt a bit, but again, only temporary, and there was no bleeding).
The hymen doesn't break, it expands. If you're bleeding it's probably due to the cervix being penetrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by peedie pixie
Absolutely not true :tongue: the thing is called the hymen which is a thin bit of skin that 'breaks' during the first time and that's what causes the bleeding. Once it's gone, it's gone (unless girls then undergo a reconstruction operation as is becoming increasingly popular in some cultures...). The hymen can also be broken through activities like horse riding or gymnastics so bleeding isn't 100% certain.

Not true, it doesn't "break" though it can tear a bit, it should gently stretch, but its always there. If a girl doesn't have sex or do anything to keep it stretched for a long period of time, (longer than a month, but I can't give you a specific length of time) it can "spring back" as it were.

Some girls hymens tear or stretch during physical activity, tampon use or masturbation

The first time can be painful, some girls will bleed a little, some won't, it should not be very painful, and you and she can help minimise any problems with making sure she's relaxed, having lots of foreplay, using lube, using your fingers etc...

Sometimes, the hymen can be too thick, and you won't necessarily know it until you try having sex or doing anything sexual, if its hurting her too much, stop, don't force it, carry on with foreplay etc if she's happy to carry on, if its a long term problem, she should see a doctor.

Original post by TurtleberrySoup
The hymen doesn't break, it expands. If you're bleeding it's probably due to the cervix being penetrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The cervix cannot be penetrated by a penis, the only time the cervix would be penetrated is during an IUD insertion, surgery or labour/birth
Sex can trigger bleeding from the cervix, but thats likely to be down to the muscles of the womb contracting near a period, or an infection, NOT the cervix being penetrated
(edited 9 years ago)

I have lots of expiereince but i have to say that it will be fine d00d dont worry just really go for it okay have fun!
Original post by TurtleberrySoup

As has been said, 'possibly torn' is more accurate than 'breaks'.

If the cervix is being penetrated, then either the penis is really thin - narrow drinking straw thin - or way too much force is being used :smile: Biffing the cervix can call cause spotting.
Thanks a lot for all the replies everyone. :smile:

Been reading quite a bit about this. :tongue: But I guess you gotta know if something worries you.

Quick Reply

Latest