The Student Room Group

Ladies, would you date a guy who has vitiligo

Honest answers please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sure. I previously dated a guy who had a lot of cafe-au-lait spots which were very noticeable. I've never cared much about those types of things. But of course, I can't speak on behalf of every woman. Some might care and some won't
Reply 2
No
Reply 3
Can I ask why
Reply 4
No.
Wouldn't be compatible with my attraction dealbreakers.
If a date suddenly developed a very visible but incurable pigmentation problem or skin disorder, I would be very worried about the potential for it to spread & the risk of it being inherited.
Reply 5
I wouldn't mind. honestly I kind of like the look of people with vitiligo, I think it makes them unique and different from every other guy out there. Some women might mind but there are definatly some that don't care at all
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Can I ask why

Same reason as @londonmyst
Reply 7
Thanks for being honest. I guess I won’t have kids or get married
Reply 8
Yes! It's not a skin infection that spreads. Unless you are incredibly picky about the colour of someone's skin, which personally I find to be a bizarre boundary. I think it can be inherited but the chances are low so please, other responses, do your research before responding and stop spreading so much hate. If you genuinely like this person for who they are, then the skin condition they live with should not matter.
Reply 9
100%. I personally think it makes people even more beautiful. <3.
Absolutely I would. I personally think it's amazing and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. As someone else said, it makes you unique. Also, look at people like Winnie Harlow who have brought so much recognition to the condition. My sister is dating someone with vitiligo currently, and it's never been an issue for either of them.
Reply 11
Thanks for being honest. I guess I won’t have kids or get married

So you're just going to ignore the ones that said they didn't mind?
Honest answers please

Vitiligo isn’t infectious. Personally, I would have no problem doing so, and there are many out there that would and do as well. Don’t catastrophise because of the opinions of a few (some of which are rooted in misinformation).
Honest answers please

ofc i would! i have eczema which some people might not take much of a liking to (ik eczema and vitilgo are quite different in that the latter causes a change in skin pigmentation) for me it's personality>>>>looks. looks will always fade, but its the inside that matters- the heart <3
Reply 14
Thanks just feeling a bit down at the moment
Reply 15
Original post by hyacinth77
ofc i would! i have eczema which some people might not take much of a liking to (ik eczema and vitilgo are quite different in that the latter causes a change in skin pigmentation) for me it's personality>>>>looks. looks will always fade, but its the inside that matters- the heart <3

Here I am talking about heterosexual couple.
I know they date, they form a relationship, they marry, they have sex.
But I don’t know how they start.

Obviously you won't date a completely stranger. Before dating you need to know the person. Is sexual attraction mandatory when you want to date someone?
I am from a small town. I don’t have female friends. I know some of my female neighbours. This is my social circle.
I heard that, girls get offended if a guy ask them out, if a guy propose them they get angry and viral it to facebook. Even if I knock girls on facebook they don’t response. They think guys are bad, they knock random girls, guys are pervert they ask girls out. But in order to date someone or form a relationship you have to get to know, you have to spend time with him. But how does this process happen if you are a single girl and don’t like guys at the first place, if you get offended if a guy ask you out. Girls say they aren’t attracted to their friends. So, relationship among friends is not possible. If I eliminate friends, neighbours they what else exist? How does this process happen? You don’t response on facebook. You don’t feel sexual attraction until you get to know personality, until you get to know him as a person. You aren’t sexually attracted to you friend, there is friendzone. How will get to know someone happen if sexual attraction doesn’t exist at the first place???
How would get to know personality happen if at the first place you are totally disinterested in guys. If you don’t want to talk, if you get offended, you you see it as a bad thing then how would that happen? Miraculously? Still confusing thing.

I am adding more thing why I am confused.

I heard girls sexual attraction solely based on personality, sense of humor, emotional connection etc. But I didn’t understand a thing, if it’s the case then what determine sexual orientation at the first place? Personality, sense of humor, emotional connection is not gender specific traits. If personality, sense of humor, emotional connection that creates sexual attraction from zero to 100% then how it is limited to only one gender/sex or special area, specific circle, race etc???? Even if the opportunity of getting to know the person, the opportunity of making emotional connection doesn’t happen then how would you determine sexual attraction at the first place???

Question for girls and women how do get to know someone happen if sexual attraction doesn’t exist at the first place??? They say, women's sexual attraction will happen after finishing/fulfilling the prerequisite (get to know, social interaction, get to know personality). Before fulfilling these prerequisite their brain don’t register unknown guys the way straight men's brain don’t register guys. If somehow miraculously the guy become familiar with them then there is a chance girls can feel sexual attraction but it’s totally unpredictable. So, for heterosexual women at the first place seeing/looking at men is like looking at their own brother, sister (totally platonic sense). At the first place, is there any difference when straight guys look at another guys vs asexual look at another guys and straight women look at another guys???? So, you can easily choose not to feel sexual attraction in your entire life. If get to know doesn’t happen sexual attraction will not happen. Before get to know someone there no sexual attraction so, you have to consciously make a move in order to get to know someone because there is no Instinctive sexual attraction at the first place. If sexual attraction doesn’t exist at the first place it means you are initially uninterested in men in the same way straight men's are uninterested in men. That’s why they don’t have desire to get to know, they wouldn’t feel interested to carry out a conversation if there is no sexual attraction. Then how would this get to know happen??? Another question, if sexual attraction happens after the prerequisite (get to know, social interaction, get to know personality) then at the first place (before getting to know) women generally don’t any instinctive sexual attraction in men, it means no sexual orientation at the first place. So, if the prerequisite (get to know, social interaction, get to know personality) doesn’t happen then women are totally unsure about their sexuality, sexual attraction????? In this initial stage what's the difference between straight guy vs women vs asexual???? All of them don’t have sexual attraction in men. From the first glance to before getting to know this time sexual attraction, sexual orientation doesn’t exist then how do they feel they aren’t asexual???? Or how do they know they have sexual attraction in men not the only person they personally know??? TLDR; If someone has small social circle then they have limited friends and they have limited emotional connection to people. What about instinctive sexual attraction. Is it limited to how many people you have relationship with???
Reply 16
Original post by SagaciousSag
Vitiligo isn’t infectious. Personally, I would have no problem doing so, and there are many out there that would and do as well. Don’t catastrophise because of the opinions of a few (some of which are rooted in misinformation).

Here I am talking about heterosexual couple.
I know they date, they form a relationship, they marry, they have sex.
But I don’t know how they start.

Obviously you won't date a completely stranger. Before dating you need to know the person. Is sexual attraction mandatory when you want to date someone?
I am from a small town. I don’t have female friends. I know some of my female neighbours. This is my social circle.
I heard that, girls get offended if a guy ask them out, if a guy propose them they get angry and viral it to facebook. Even if I knock girls on facebook they don’t response. They think guys are bad, they knock random girls, guys are pervert they ask girls out. But in order to date someone or form a relationship you have to get to know, you have to spend time with him. But how does this process happen if you are a single girl and don’t like guys at the first place, if you get offended if a guy ask you out. Girls say they aren’t attracted to their friends. So, relationship among friends is not possible. If I eliminate friends, neighbours they what else exist? How does this process happen? You don’t response on facebook. You don’t feel sexual attraction until you get to know personality, until you get to know him as a person. You aren’t sexually attracted to you friend, there is friendzone. How will get to know someone happen if sexual attraction doesn’t exist at the first place???
How would get to know personality happen if at the first place you are totally disinterested in guys. If you don’t want to talk, if you get offended, you you see it as a bad thing then how would that happen? Miraculously? Still confusing thing.

I am adding more thing why I am confused.

I heard girls sexual attraction solely based on personality, sense of humor, emotional connection etc. But I didn’t understand a thing, if it’s the case then what determine sexual orientation at the first place? Personality, sense of humor, emotional connection is not gender specific traits. If personality, sense of humor, emotional connection that creates sexual attraction from zero to 100% then how it is limited to only one gender/sex or special area, specific circle, race etc???? Even if the opportunity of getting to know the person, the opportunity of making emotional connection doesn’t happen then how would you determine sexual attraction at the first place???

Question for girls and women how do get to know someone happen if sexual attraction doesn’t exist at the first place??? They say, women's sexual attraction will happen after finishing/fulfilling the prerequisite (get to know, social interaction, get to know personality). Before fulfilling these prerequisite their brain don’t register unknown guys the way straight men's brain don’t register guys. If somehow miraculously the guy become familiar with them then there is a chance girls can feel sexual attraction but it’s totally unpredictable. So, for heterosexual women at the first place seeing/looking at men is like looking at their own brother, sister (totally platonic sense). At the first place, is there any difference when straight guys look at another guys vs asexual look at another guys and straight women look at another guys???? So, you can easily choose not to feel sexual attraction in your entire life. If get to know doesn’t happen sexual attraction will not happen. Before get to know someone there no sexual attraction so, you have to consciously make a move in order to get to know someone because there is no Instinctive sexual attraction at the first place. If sexual attraction doesn’t exist at the first place it means you are initially uninterested in men in the same way straight men's are uninterested in men. That’s why they don’t have desire to get to know, they wouldn’t feel interested to carry out a conversation if there is no sexual attraction. Then how would this get to know happen??? Another question, if sexual attraction happens after the prerequisite (get to know, social interaction, get to know personality) then at the first place (before getting to know) women generally don’t any instinctive sexual attraction in men, it means no sexual orientation at the first place. So, if the prerequisite (get to know, social interaction, get to know personality) doesn’t happen then women are totally unsure about their sexuality, sexual attraction????? In this initial stage what's the difference between straight guy vs women vs asexual???? All of them don’t have sexual attraction in men. From the first glance to before getting to know this time sexual attraction, sexual orientation doesn’t exist then how do they feel they aren’t asexual???? Or how do they know they have sexual attraction in men not the only person they personally know??? TLDR; If someone has small social circle then they have limited friends and they have limited emotional connection to people. What about instinctive sexual attraction. Is it limited to how many people you have relationship with???
Isn't vitiligo that hotel travel website?
Honest answers please

Yes I want to date a guy who has vitiligo like myself.
Reply 19
I am madly in love with a guy who has white patches around his eys and mouth and we dated for 6 months then he broke up with me. I am really devastated. I wish he would come back and I would be so honoured to be his wife. He was so unique and I loved his skin. It was amazing…….

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending