The Student Room Group

Why do men bother with marriage these days?

I constantly read stories online and in the agony aunt collumn of the sun on my lunch breaks of women cheating on their husbands, it's always wives cheating on their husbands but never the other way around which suggests to me most women cheat on their husbands now, far far more than men cheat on their wives. It's always the same theme, the woman gets bored of sex with her husband, gets attention from someone younger who injects the passion back into her sex and love life. These women never have any remorse for what they're doing. "They made me feel so sexy again" "I was like a new woman" etc. Most women end up straying and leaving their husbands for another man, 70% of divorces are initiated by women. On top of that the husband loses half his belongings to the woman, he stands everything to lose she stands everything to gain. Some music artist who I can't recall the name of was saying on the radio how marriage only benefits women and when they inevitably become bored and leave the man for another man they can take half the mans stuff and find a new man easily, it's in their DNA. With this in mind, knowing most women cheat and stray and take half the mans belongings what do we as men stand to gain from marriage?

Scroll to see replies

lol "most women". This is the dumbest post I've read and is flawed in so many ways that I'm not even going to dignify it a proper response.
Because of tradition and culture, although I personally dont plan on getting married
I don't believe in marriage. It's just a bit of paper. It doesn't change how much I would love my partner (if I had one).

Any girl that wants wedding cakes, white bridal gowns, church bells, honeymoons etc, is NOT THE GIRL FOR ME.
Reply 4
I agree, since most women cheat on men anyway I don't see why we bother with marriage. They also take half the mans belongings in the process, great logic.
Reply 5
Female Hypergamy, an entire society and legal system that rewards bad behavior from women. A woman can cheat on her husband, file for divorce and STILL get Alimony or child support(if having kids). This is why men need to wake up and realise the TRUTH about females and hypergamy. I have a main chick and a couple regular sidechicks, so when my girl does end up straying on me for a new man I already have backup to replace her.
Love and the fact marriage change partner's rights ect I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by donutaud15
Love and the fact marriage change partner's rights ect I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do they bother knowing that most women end up cheating and straying on their partners though?
Original post by Tre Miller
Why do they bother knowing that most women end up cheating and straying on their partners though?

Source?
Reply 9
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Source?

I don't need a source, read my opening post.

Wouldn't know since I'm not a man but I suspect it's to do with this thing called trust?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by donutaud15
Wouldn't know since I'm not a man but I suspect it's to do with this thing called trust?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you trust someone who is going to end up straying and cheat on you eventually? Are men fools? Why trust women when they cheat on men all the time and always stray when they find someone they thinks better?
I constantly read stories online and in the agony aunt collumn of the sun on my lunch breaks of women cheating on their husbands, it's always wives cheating on their husbands but never the other way around which suggests to me most women cheat on their husbands now, far far more than men cheat on their wives. It's always the same theme, the woman gets bored of sex with her husband, gets attention from someone younger who injects the passion back into her sex and love life. These women never have any remorse for what they're doing. "They made me feel so sexy again" "I was like a new woman" etc. Most women end up straying and leaving their husbands for another man, 70% of divorces are initiated by women. On top of that the husband loses half his belongings to the woman, he stands everything to lose she stands everything to gain. Some music artist who I can't recall the name of was saying on the radio how marriage only benefits women and when they inevitably become bored and leave the man for another man they can take half the mans stuff and find a new man easily, it's in their DNA. With this in mind, knowing most women cheat and stray and take half the mans belongings what do we as men stand to gain from marriage?

Firstly, it's the Sun, of all papers. That should be a red flag. Secondly - "most women". Really? Are you sure you're not generalising just a little bit here? You can't define an entire gender, and you can't guarantee that all women will get "bored". Also, men as a gender aren't exactly completely innocent - neither gender is.

Don't place blame on the entire female gender.
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Firstly, it's the Sun, of all papers. That should be a red flag. Secondly - "most women". Really? Are you sure you're not generalising just a little bit here? You can't define an entire gender, and you can't guarantee that all women will get "bored". Also, men as a gender aren't exactly completely innocent - neither gender is.

Can't rep... But yes, this exactly. +1
Reply 14
cos females have hypergamy fam they all end up either cheating or straying on the man they're with. Facts my man, just do what I said and you never have to worry about them.
How can you trust someone who is going to end up straying and cheat on you eventually? Are men fools? Why trust women when they cheat on men all the time and always stray when they find someone they thinks better?

Again it's called trust.

Apparently my husband said he knew I would never cheat given my history ect so to do with knowing someone inside-out.

Anyway there is nothing certain in this world so worth taking the risk. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by doctorwhofan98

This too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeEasy23
cos females have hypergamy fam they all end up either cheating or straying on the man they're with. Facts my man, just do what I said and you never have to worry about them.

Obvious troll is obvious... you're in so many threads, trolling all the time...
Reply 18
yeah i'm trolling cos theres no such ting as hypergamy you fooool.
Reply 19
I agree, since most women cheat on men anyway I don't see why we bother with marriage. They also take half the mans belongings in the process, great logic.

I will only support feminism if they act justly and get rid of this BS:angry:

Quick Reply

Latest