The Student Room Group
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going over to a guy who I've been seeing. We haven't had sex in five weeks as we haven't had the opportunity. Problem is I think I have a very mild uti caused by using a moon up. I still feel like I'm up to sex - oral at the very least, but I was wondering do I need to tell him/is he at any risk. We use condoms during intercourse.

First off, theres no way a moon cup will have caused a UTI, whats probably happened with that is that, because the mooncup is a very firm cup, it might have irritated your urethra, which isn't uncommon, causing symptoms of a UTI. You might be better suited to a softer cup. There are lots of options. Search femininewear, they have lots of brands. fleurcup might be good.

If it is the pressure from the mooncup rim thats caused your symptoms, then its possibile that sex, especially rough sex or a lot of sex could do the same, (its known as urethritis or 'honeymoon cystitis) so I'd avoid penetration if you're already feeling sensitive, oral should be OK if you feel up to it, but make sure you pee before and after and make sure you drink plenty (just in case it is the beginnings of a uti)

Latest