The Student Room Group

AQA Physics: PHYA1 Tuesday 19th May 2015 (AM) and PHYA2 Thursday 04th June 2015 (PM)x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dieselblue
I think we can all agree that nobody got the last question correct.

I got 32000W? A few people I've talked to have got that as the answer too, so I'm assuming it's correct.
Original post by Sharaf371
I do physics maths and graphics design AND im finding physics so hard. How the F**K do people that do physics, chem, bio and maths cope??? If ur doing all these three i would like to know what drugs your on :smile: sincerely *DIES BEFORE FINISHING*

I do those 4, the drugs required are very strong
Original post by tanyapotter
what is the strangeness of K0?!?

-1 for anti-d/s, 1 for anti-s/d.
Original post by Sharaf371
I wish life was easier. Why do we have to be sheep and follow everyone. Whos coming with me to live in the jungles of madagascar :smile:

Umm this is an aqa physics exam post, not your life story post
Original post by DominoMatrix227
Did anyone mention taking V and A readings at known time intervals for one of the parts of that godawful potato question?

Why was that necessary? For what question? If you mean how they got values to plot on the graph I said they used the variable resistor to give different values of A to plot on the graph
Original post by iamJOM
I got 32000W? A few people I've talked to have got that as the answer too, so I'm assuming it's correct.

What formula did you use?
A filament bulb is a non-ohmic conductor because it doesn't have a constant resistance
Original post by Ultracrepidarian
1) definitions were fine
the table was ok
2 electrons lost
I think it was isotope 225
2) yes charged particle
Baryon
Not sure since strangeness, baryon and charge had to conserved
3) 6 mark was ok
Diagram was ok
4) proofing frequency was simple
Then working Ek was ok
Speed I got something to 10^5
5) Filament graph was ok
I put ohmic
Because less current gets trough to R lamp
6) POTATOES
Gradient 2. Something
Not sure about led I put yes
Messed up energy I did p=iv then q=it
7) I got something 10^-8 for resistivity
The aluminium had less resistance
Then p=v^2/r

i put non-ohmic for 6, as the resistance wasn't constat. defenition og ohmic is that V is directly preportional to I.

James
Reply 1988
The quark structure was 100% sss
Original post by Parallex
Yep. The one that had the bigger power output must have had a higher resistance so more work done against this hence more energy dissipated as heat (if they both output the same light intensity). The lower energy one is therefore more efficient.

Nope
P=V^2/R so higher power had low resistance
Efficiency yes, but not because resistance was higher
Original post by TheBanterLad
Yeah that's really annoying cause I'm sure my answer is wrong but I did all the working right. And yes I remembered to divide by the mass of the electron as well. Have no idea why my answer came out wrong!

oi uw0tm8 gr8 b8 for stealing my name i r8 8/8, are u avin' a giggle m7?
na jk, nice name. Great banter
Original post by iamJOM

Why wouldnt it be 75^2/9.9=570W?
Original post by Dieselblue
I think we can all agree that nobody got the last question correct.

Preach!!
Original post by iamJOM

I got 5100 or something using P=v^2/R
Original post by Anon_98
Oh gosh I know. ;((((((((((

ITS OKAY THOUGH, YOU CAN DO IT JADYS - Positivity. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was really motivated and postive until I opened the physics paper. I do all four sciences you see, and the C1 last week, I made a couple of silly mistakes but at least I came out content, physics....I was freaking out
I also have my A2 exams to look forward to :colonhash: (not rly)
Reply 1995
quark structure was 100% sss
Looking forward to getting full marks in unit 2, I don't even plan on revising :h:
Original post by jameslondon05
i put non-ohmic for 6, as the resistance wasn't constat. defenition og ohmic is that V is directly preportional to I.

James

That's what I thought but it said until working power
Anyone remember the frequency of the wave? Feel like it was 1.2 something but I can't remember.
Original post by C0balt
Nope
P=V^2/R so higher power had low resistance
Efficiency yes, but not because resistance was higher

? What is efficiency then? How is heat dissipated? It's work done against resistance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending