The Student Room Group

AQA Physics: PHYA1 Tuesday 19th May 2015 (AM) and PHYA2 Thursday 04th June 2015 (PM)x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
:colondollar:
Sort of. Planning to do chemical physics so yeah physics mostly haha
Was going to do straight physics until I started AS where I realised I like chemistry a lot too :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You stole my thunder :frown: I was gonna post the solution and everyone would've beeen all impressed

Damnit! I got to the 1.465x10-19 J but had no idea what to do after xD. I didn't think you could use de broglies wavelength ;/
Original post by C0balt
:colondollar:
Sort of. Planning to do chemical physics so yeah physics mostly haha
Was going to do straight physics until I started AS where I realised I like chemistry a lot too :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you do OCR A Chemistry? I find Chemistry A LOT easier than Physics, and Chemistry is meant to be the hardest A level. :/
Reply 583
can anyone explain to me the difference in working out the specific charge of an ion & a nucleus, im getting confuused:frown:
Thanks
Just in case you couldn't follow the last solution:

Spoiler

Original post by Nathanbh321
My teacher said if you can do this question, you're ready for the test. So if anyone's brave enough :smile:

Light incident on a metal surface; with a work function of 5.3 eV, has a wavelength of 200nm calculate the wavelength of the most energetic electrons emitted by the metal. (5)

Mind you it's not very generous with the marks. Answer is in the spoiler.

Spoiler

I avtually did it! :biggrin: physics should be more this amd less stupid wordy questions
Original post by boyyo
can anyone explain to me the difference in working out the specific charge of an ion & a nucleus, im getting confuused:frown:
Thanks

Specific charge of the nucleus refers to the nucleus on its own therefore you only account for the positive charge of the protons and divide that by the mass of the nucleus.
Whereas for the ion you're considering the overall charge of the atom therefore it is the charge on the ion divided by the mass of the ion.
Reply 587
Should we test each other. What do u think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
IMG_20150517_212226.jpg

My solution :smile:
Reply 589
Specific charge of the nucleus refers to the nucleus on its own therefore you only account for the positive charge of the protons and divide that by the mass of the nucleus.
Whereas for the ion you're considering the overall charge of the atom therefore it is the charge on the ion divided by the mass of the ion.

ohhhh, thanks for clearing that up for me:smile:
You stole my thunder :frown: I was gonna post the solution and everyone would've beeen all impressed

HAHAHAHA :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slenderman
Do you do OCR A Chemistry? I find Chemistry A LOT easier than Physics, and Chemistry is meant to be the hardest A level. :/

Physics is harder to understand but chemistry has too much content lol
Oh and I do edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, what topics/topic areas were not tested on last years paper and are therefore more likely to crop up this time (surely they wont repeat a lot of last years questions!)
I doubt there'll be anything on fluorescence or potential dividers (god forbid) on this paper. I'd expect oscilloscopes and maybe (hopefully) a 6 mark question on classifying particles.
Loads of circuit calculation because there was virtually none in last year's lol
Original post by C0balt
Loads of circuit calculation because there was virtually none in last year's lol

This im not too bothered about

If it comes to explaining electricity (worded questions) god help me
Original post by C0balt

1 question on calculations and a six marker on potential dividers last year. I'd expect one question on calculations and something to do with oscilloscopes this year - talking about root mean squares etc etc.

I hope so anyway. 2 questions on circuit calculations only and I'm gonna be pissed.
Original post by Mattematics
1 question on calculations and a six marker on potential dividers last year. I'd expect one question on calculations and something to do with oscilloscopes this year - talking about root mean squares etc etc.

I hope so anyway. 2 questions on circuit calculations only and I'm gonna be pissed.

I hate oscilloscope lol don't ask me why

Posted from TSR Mobile
What I want is particle questions, quantum 6 marker like photoelectric effect lol Then just circuit and I'm wordy electricity questions. I wouldn't mind oscilloscope rms stuff but plz no question on setting up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt

yaay, circuit calculations= easy marks.

also all the past oscilloscope questions have been really easy too.
The wording for quantum catches me out at times, particles is a bit hit and miss, but hopefully there will be loads of 1 markers on it which are quite easy and rely on simple memory work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending