The Student Room Group

AQA Physics: PHYA1 Tuesday 19th May 2015 (AM) and PHYA2 Thursday 04th June 2015 (PM)x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Cap is likely 65 and A 52-55. They won't change that much from last year even tho it was a hard paper.
Original post by particlestudent
ekmax=hf-work function

You calculated the photons frequency in the previous question and it gave you the work function. That's how i done it

Ok, how did you calculate the frequency, they said show but we only had h, how did you work out a value for E to calculate f?
Now recruiting for people to form an army and storm the AQA headquarters or wherever they create those blasted papers, armed with catapults/potato guns, anything that can fire potatoes.

Anyone want to sign up? Bring lots of potatoes...
Who's joining me for a resit next year?! :smile: *happy not happy* *dies* *resurrected* *dies again*
Original post by Piddles
Use the formula of potato radius=emf x electron mass

Not the potato question, the earlier question about the sodium atom
Original post by Krollo
I'm doing these exams for my sins - my mocks went a lot better than I'd expected, but then last year's papers were quite nice. I wonder what AQA have in store for us...

Posted from TSR Mobile

This year's papers have been found pretty difficult, the Chemistry was VERY weird.
Original post by jadys10
Ok, how did you calculate the frequency, they said show but we only had h, how did you work out a value for E to calculate f?

F= to the ionisation energy/h and it gave me the thing we had to show.
Original post by DominoMatrix227
Now recruiting for people to form an army and storm the AQA headquarters or wherever they create those blasted papers, armed with catapults/potato guns, anything that can fire potatoes.

Anyone want to sign up? Bring lots of potatoes...

As well as particle accelerators to give them cancer :colone:
Original post by Parallex
How did you actually know the wires on the last question were in parallel? :s-smilie:

If you did past papers there was a similar question about filament in a copper cable in addition to that you were provided with a cross-section of the whole cable (i.e the 7 wires)
Original post by DominoMatrix227
Did anyone else get around 2000-3000 ohms for the internal resistance question?
Yessss, I thought it was unusually high though
Unnofficial Mark scheme anyone?
nothing on line spectra and photoelectricity long questions came up...
Original post by Sharaf371
Who's joining me for a resit next year?! :smile: *happy not happy* *dies* *resurrected* *dies again*

We can only hope for slightly lower grade boundaries than usual and salvage an A grade with a good unit 2 mark. The general consensus in my school was that the paper was more difficult than expected so I would be happy with a B
Original post by benwood
omg can't believe it was the same as the leaked paper I found, can't wait for unit 2 now:u:

Omg you are so chatting!
Original post by Piddles
Use the formula of potato radius=emf x electron mass

..... ...
F= to the ionisation energy/h and it gave me the thing we had to show.

So you just put h and f into the equation, and worked out E?
Original post by NonsoMakwe
Yessss, I thought it was unusually high though

It's a potato it would have high resistance since it's not usually used to cunduct electricity. I got 2.7 because I forgot it was in mA...

No A for me....
Original post by patrickggg
Omg you are so chatting!

what does that mean?
And what did you get with that formula? It mentioned them having the same frequency as the photons in 2b, so I am sure that formula was not needed. Did you get 2911 something ms-1?

Isnt it the wavelengh = h/mv ?
Original post by Salsa123
We can only hope for slightly lower grade boundaries than usual and salvage an A grade with a good unit 2 mark. The general consensus in my school was that the paper was more difficult than expected so I would be happy with a B

So do you think with a high A in unit 2 and 3, but a B/C in unit 1, is it possible to get an overall A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending