The Student Room Group

People who don't lift..

Why?

With all the benefits like increased bone density, increased muscle strength, better overall mental and physical wellbeing (helps depression, higher testosterone so better moods, higher sex drive)
Do you want to be weak all your life or what? It's time to grow up and start lifting, kids.

Scroll to see replies

One word: motivation

Oh, and the "you're not telling me what to do" attitude
Yes, father. I shall hit the gym after work. You know what, **** work. Imma gym now, yeh boi.
Reply 3
I'm sorry, what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Yes, father. I shall hit the gym after work. You know what, **** work. Imma gym now, yeh boi.

It's time to transition from boy to man.

Original post by ShyBrown
I'm sorry, what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you read?
Lifting is my dream. :daydreaming: But I'm terrified of doing it around other people so I turn to calisthenics which I can do alone in my room. :borat:
Reply 6
Original post by Gott
I lift myself, I do 40 press ups, 40 sit ups of a morning. Does that count?

You are on your way there. Better than doing nothing, not as good as going to the gym and lifting heavy weights.

Time to board the gains train.
Reply 7
Original post by Vixen47
Lifting is my dream. :daydreaming: But I'm terrified of doing it around other people so I turn to calisthenics which I can do alone in my room. :borat:

Go to the most intimidating gym you can find and start. If you train alongside people who are serious they won't care.

None of these commercial soccer mum gyms that are full of weak people who think they're special. Don't be scared.
The last thing I need now is a higher sex drive.
Reply 9
Original post by Gott
I was going to get some weights from Argos the other day but they don't seem to have them indevidualuy for cheap enough

They will try and rip you off and you will need space like a shed to put them in. In order to lift at home properly you would need a rack, bench and place to deadlift.

All expensive equipment, you're better off finding a gym it will work out cheaper until you have the money to get the right equipment.
Reply 10
Original post by Dr Steal Ur Girl
1.)I'm too sexy for the gym.
2.)I'm already a sex symbol among the
female flock.:smug:

I feel sorry for those who lift for other people, especially to get girls. They will always be weak one way or another.
Reply 11
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
The last thing I need now is a higher sex drive.

Why? There is no drawback to having higher testosterone.
Reply 12
Original post by Gott
My step father just uses normal 1KG weights

1KG? You're either trolling or need new weights. That is extremely light.
Reply 13
If you're going to lift, you have to devote at least 3 sessions a week to it. Factor in travelling time to and from and it's a hefty chunk from your week. I prioritise my education since grades stick and thus I had to quit my gym this year. So don't preach it like it's gospel; yes there are benefits to it, but some people don't have the time.
Original post by Vixen47

Ditto this, tragically enough.
Reply 15
So what's the point of the gym?:s-smilie:

I always thought it was to attract the opposite sex, I can't be bothered to hit the gym to achieve this aesthetically perfect body, what's the point?

Honestly.

Nothing wrong with it, wanting to look good and attract women. Not everyone goes to the gym for an aesthetic body, of course you look better but it's not about getting stronger and bigger.

Personal progression for yourself not for others.
So what's the point of the gym?:s-smilie:

I always thought it was to attract the opposite sex, I can't be bothered to hit the gym to achieve this aesthetically perfect body, what's the point?

Honestly.

for all the reasons in the OP lol.

+ enjoyment.
Original post by LTG
You are on your way there. Better than doing nothing, not as good as going to the gym and lifting heavy weights.

Time to board the gains train.

ITT: some guy who jerks off to hodgetwins/rob riches/elliot hulse videos on youtube all day and just managed to bench his own body weight is about to start preaching to TSR about 'lifting heavy' and 'ATG squats'. Yh, we all know where this thread is going.

You'll grow out of the whole 'gym memes' obsession phase eventually dw.
Original post by LTG
1KG? You're either trolling or need new weights. That is extremely light.

What is 1kg :lol:. That's not even setting foot in the gym. Time for dem gainz.
To much effort you can lift alday long if you dont eat and build mass you wont benefit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest