The Student Room Group

Any pan-arabs on here?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Untitled.
Why do you think it would be cool?

Empire.
Original post by Untitled.
Why do you think it would be cool?

it would be a state with desserts/modern cities/roman ruins/awesome beaches & unity between arab nations

i dont mean politically - im no expert at that
Original post by queen-bee
As above

I thought that ideology died out ages ago.Are you a bathist?
If it makes life easier

You'd be asking the Tunisian people who elected a secular government to join with Egyptians who immediately elected an Islamist government. Hell, Morocco and Turkey don't even like half the Middle East and North Africa, many people would rather join Europe. And that's before we broach the issue of dictatorships and failed states.
Reply 24
Original post by Rakas21
You'd be asking the Tunisian people who elected a secular government to join with Egyptians who immediately elected an Islamist government. Hell, Morocco and Turkey don't even like half the Middle East and North Africa, many people would rather join Europe. And that's before we broach the issue of dictatorships and failed states.

Sorry for the extremely late reply! We won't ask Turkey to join and North African countries will be given an option to opt out. The purpose would be to build an empire that can bring stability to the Middle East. One people,under one empire.
Reply 25
Original post by Kadak
I thought that ideology died out ages ago.Are you a bathist?

No. There's a lot of people in support of pan Arabism
Reply 26
Original post by yasmin#2
it would be a state with desserts/modern cities/roman ruins/awesome beaches & unity between arab nations

i dont mean politically - im no expert at that

Heaven on on earth
Reply 27
Original post by High Stakes
Libyan, pan-arab.

I'm not alone In this
Heaven on on earth

dont think it would ever happen tbh, most arab countries are divided within themselves let alone all the diff countries uniting as one :frown:

would be awesome though
Reply 29
dont think it would ever happen tbh, most arab countries are divided within themselves let alone all the diff countries uniting as one :frown:

would be awesome though

I know,it's such a shame. Inshallah maybe just maybe one day
Sorry for the extremely late reply! We won't ask Turkey to join and North African countries will be given an option to opt out. The purpose would be to build an empire that can bring stability to the Middle East. One people,under one empire.

That empire would have the potential to be strong enough to prevent invasion. If they go nutty, that would be very bad.
Reply 31
Original post by Rakas21
That empire would have the potential to be strong enough to prevent invasion. If they go nutty, that would be very bad.

Exactly,we don't need the west invading our lands and it'll also show extreme groups like Isis that Arabs mean business
Exactly,we don't need the west invading our lands and it'll also show extreme groups like Isis that Arabs mean business

Given that most Arab countries are dictatorships or failed states.. Why would a pan Arab state be any different.

would be awesome though

Wait until I lead Libya. :colone: It's inevitable.
Reply 34
Original post by Rakas21
Given that most Arab countries are dictatorships or failed states.. Why would a pan Arab state be any different.

This time we would do our upmost to make sure there is no corruption,good people working to better the lives or Arabs to scare Israel and Islamic extremists away
Reply 35
Pan-arab here from yemen. 10 years from now i will be the leader of South Yemen inshallah.
Sam <------ remember the name.
The chances of uniting the North African countries is low without one central power and common affiliation in terms of politics.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by saeed97
Pan-arab here from yemen. 10 years from now i will be the leader of South Yemen inshallah.
Sami <------ remember the name.

Yemen's in a big mess right now. But so is Libya, so I can't judge.
Reply 38
Original post by saeed97
Sam <------ remember the name.

Hahah are you a houthi? Welcome :h:
Reply 39
Original post by High Stakes
Yemen's in a big mess right now. But so is Libya, so I can't judge.

The only country I feel that is doing okay right now is tunisia

Quick Reply

Latest