The Student Room Group

Made a stupid mistake at school

Basically, at school, I have a 'friend' who always messes around and is very immature. When I have left my computer logged on, he has occasionally sent emails off my account to teachers containing silly messages, which I have had to apologise for. Well, today he had left his computer on, and I stupidly did the same thing, sending our English teacher his coursework that someone had edited with inappropriate names and silly pictures. Obviously I sent it to the spring person, as this teacher has now decided to report it to the 'higher up' members of staff. After being told this, I immediately sent the teacher an email after school, apologising for my actions as I felt very stupid and guilty. However, I am now unsure about what will happen next. I never behave in this way normally and have a good relationship with members of staff, some of whom will have been informed of this. What can I expect to happen next? Will I face serious consequences?
If you dubbed your friends in it earlier when they did it to you any good teacher will understand you did it out of revenge an choose not to punish you that much. If you didn't let word slip on when you had it done to you expect a few people to be very angry with you. Detentions, lines, isolation will all be coming your way.
most likely isolation

tut tut.
Reply 3
This is why you lock your computer when you're not on it.
Reply 4
Lol....you guys friends?
Original post by oc7
Basically, at school, I have a 'friend' who always messes around and is very immature. When I have left my computer logged on, he has occasionally sent emails off my account to teachers containing silly messages, which I have had to apologise for. Well, today he had left his computer on, and I stupidly did the same thing, sending our English teacher his coursework that someone had edited with inappropriate names and silly pictures. Obviously I sent it to the spring person, as this teacher has now decided to report it to the 'higher up' members of staff. After being told this, I immediately sent the teacher an email after school, apologising for my actions as I felt very stupid and guilty. However, I am now unsure about what will happen next. I never behave in this way normally and have a good relationship with members of staff, some of whom will have been informed of this. What can I expect to happen next? Will I face serious consequences?

Tell them that your friend has often done similar things to you and show them proof of this if you can.
Original post by oc7

Hmm. Although you seem to behave in a similar immature manner to your friend, you do appear more aware of how it comes across and how silly it is. I'm sure your teachers will probably acknowledge that..although I have found that teachers tend to be less co-operatielve with you the younger you are (eg treat you like a child). So you probably will be spoken to but if you apologise then I doubt anything really serious will happen.

Quick Reply

Latest