The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

What is it like at Bath Spa university?

Hi, I am strongly considering going to Bath Spa to study Creative Music Technology and was wondering if any current or past students who went there could tell me about student life there? Does the fact that it's quite small effect the social scene or anything? How easy is it to get into town .etc. Any info would be appreciated :smile:
Hey!I'm currently a third year at bath spa and I am very sad that my time at Bath Spa has come to an end!
The student life is pretty good, I thought before I came that because it was a small town it would effect my social life but it hasn't. There are about seven/eight clubs, accommodating to a variety of different music tastes. I'm from London so I am used to extremely busy and big clubs, most of the clubs in Bath are small in size and underground but I have had some of the best nights out in Bath. The SU on Newton Campus has recently been improved and is pretty nice now. And I think events hosted there will get better as they were a little poor when I was in first year. But they go all out for the Summer Ball in May which is really good.

I have been out in Bristol a few times, it doesnt take that long to get there and there are bigger clubs and different music scenes there.

It is really really easy to get into town from campus, takes about 25-30 minutes to get into the centre of town on the number 15 bus!

Also my flat mate is a current third year cmt student and he has really enjoyed it! And has played at the clubs in and around bath, so there is a scene for house/etc kind of music!

Hope this helps!
(edited 9 years ago)
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by etainoshea
Hey!I'm currently a third year at bath spa and I am very sad that my time at Bath Spa has come to an end!
The student life is pretty good, I thought before I came that because it was a small town it would effect my social life but it hasn't. There are about seven/eight clubs, accommodating to a variety of different music tastes. I'm from London so I am used to extremely busy and big clubs, most of the clubs in Bath are small in size and underground but I have had some of the best nights out in Bath. The SU on Newton Campus has recently been improved and is pretty nice now. And I think events hosted there will get better as they were a little poor when I was in first year. But they go all out for the Summer Ball in May which is really good.

I have been out in Bristol a few times, it doesnt take that long to get there and there are bigger clubs and different music scenes there.

It is really really easy to get into town from campus, takes about 25-30 minutes to get into the centre of town on the number 15 bus!

Also my flat mate is a current third year cmt student and he has really enjoyed it! And has played at the clubs in and around bath, so there is a scene for house/etc kind of music!

Hope this helps!

Thank you! That's very helpful :smile: Where you in the on campus accommodation 1st year or off campus??
I was off campus at Charlton Court. It takes about 5/10 minutes to get the bus into town from there and the bus stop is right outside. The bus stop to uni is about a 3/4 minute walk and takes about 15 minutes to get up to campus. Waterside court is right next to Charlton Court, they have 6/7 to a flat and Charlton has 4/5. I really enjoyed Charlton Court, but it is pretty expensive, although I'm not sure what the price differences are now between Charlton Court/ Waterside and the new on campus accommodation.

The new on campus accommodation looks really really nice! I think it is 10 to a flat. The only thing that I always thought was an issue of being on campus was having to go into town to go shopping as the SU shop is only open till 6 and 4 on weekends. The last bus back up to campus is about 2.30 I think, It may have changed.

Also, there is a new building called Commons, which is great for doing work at! You get it for all three years, I sadly only got it for one!

:smile: :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, just wondering, what would you say is the best and worst thing about Bath Spa?
The best thing/s are the people, everyone I have met both students and staff have always been so helpful and accommodating! Also Bath in general is a really fun always busy and safe place to be!

Worst thing, probably the buses, they are usually late or full up. Parking has been an issue on campus but both of these issues are always being improved!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending