The Student Room Group

Article: Ten ways to stop wasting revision time now

Scroll to see replies

Original post by humzz
Isn't it so ironic how they are naming 10 ways to stop procrastinating when if fact, by reading this, you are procrastinating while reading this?

It depends on whether you should have been studying :wink:

Original post by Al_Ayyubi
Love this :heart:

So glad :h:

Original post by mfsk
Glad i'm not the only one!

You're definitely not :smile: So many students struggle with not being able to focus. Once you understand why and how it affects you, you'll be able to manage it so much better.

Original post by cardinalgirl98
Loving it :bubbles::heart:

Super :woo:
Original post by bunnyland
At least some of you are predicted grades A*/A.
I'm predicted B's and C's and I really want A's to get into the courses I want at A Level.
Any tips sumi99 and aish98xo ?

I want all A* :frown:

Well for all As I would say do revision on a moderate level everyday

3 hours of effective revision a day will help u big time :smile:
Original post by sumi99
It's too late for me to start I'm expected 8 A*s and 3 As and I haven't started!!!!!!!!! I'm on As and Bs!!!!

It's seriously Isn't- I was predicted all A-stars at GCSE but didn't start revising until the week before my exams- I did half an hour for my english lit exam but still managed to get 5astars and 5as- GCSE's aren't that bad- I promise
Original post by EilidhHide
It's seriously Isn't- I was predicted all A-stars at GCSE but didn't start revising until the week before my exams- I did half an hour for my english lit exam but still managed to get 5astars and 5as- GCSE's aren't that bad- I promise

That really gives me hope! I'd be so happy with grades like that. :smile:
Thank you so much aish98xo

I am definitely going to try my very hardest. I really don't feel like I already know the material :frown: I'm going to try doing past paper questions.
By any chance, did you ever study GCSE Geography and RS (Religious Studies) as I am finding them the hardest?
Thank you so much aish98xo

I am definitely going to try my very hardest. I really don't feel like I already know the material :frown: I'm going to try doing past paper questions.
By any chance, did you ever study GCSE Geography and RS (Religious Studies) as I am finding them the hardest?

How coincidental, I'm currently studying for both those GCSEs! What exam board and specification are you following? The only thing I can recommend for RS is practice loads of past paper questions in times conditions! Geography is just a case of learning each unit and knowing the case studies well. When you answer geography questions follow the PEEL structure :smile: x
Original post by EilidhHide

You must of been seriously clever then

I'm gonna start from tomorrow - I just don't see it happening :frown:
Original post by aish98xo
How coincidental, I'm currently studying for both those GCSEs! What exam board and specification are you following? The only thing I can recommend for RS is practice loads of past paper questions in times conditions! Geography is just a case of learning each unit and knowing the case studies well. When you answer geography questions follow the PEEL structure :smile: x

I am doing the AQA board for both RS and Geography GCSE. What about yourself?
I am doing the AQA board for both RS and Geography GCSE. What about yourself?

Ah, I might not be able to help you that much then! I'm doing RS with WJEC and Geography with Edexcel. :smile:
Original post by sumi99
You must of been seriously clever then

I'm gonna start from tomorrow - I just don't see it happening :frown:

Haha don't worry I'm not :smile:
Original post by sumi99
It's too late for me to start I'm expected 8 A*s and 3 As and I haven't started!!!!!!!!! I'm on As and Bs!!!!

It definitely isn't! I only started revising over the Easter holidays for my GCSEs and I came away with better than my predicted results! (7A*s and 4As) Just keep trying - do the past papers, do the notes etc and you can definitely get there :smile:
Original post by Annie20951
It definitely isn't! I only started revising over the Easter holidays for my GCSEs and I came away with better than my predicted results! (7A*s and 4As) Just keep trying - do the past papers, do the notes etc and you can definitely get there :smile:

It's Easter atm! Before u started revising did u already feel comfortable with your subjects are were there some subjects which needed more work than others? And how many hours would u recommend I did one hour in the morning :frown:
*procrastinates by reading article on avoiding procrastination* :smile:
I am procrastinating right now :smile:
i've read so many posts on procrastination and none of them help me :frown: it's gotten to the point where I don't even plan things or try to do work because the whole thought of doing anything productive is overwhelming and i'd rather sit in my little bubble watching bad daytime tv and push it out of my brain. then it comes to the night time and i'll lose sleep and cry and hate myself for doing nothing and hate myself for never changing this awful part of my personality, and I still won't do any work. so i'm just exhausted and full of self hatred every day
Reply 35
Shutting down TSR would be a good start.
Original post by entershikari
i've read so many posts on procrastination and none of them help me :frown: it's gotten to the point where I don't even plan things or try to do work because the whole thought of doing anything productive is overwhelming and i'd rather sit in my little bubble watching bad daytime tv and push it out of my brain. then it comes to the night time and i'll lose sleep and cry and hate myself for doing nothing and hate myself for never changing this awful part of my personality, and I still won't do any work. so i'm just exhausted and full of self hatred every day

It sounds like you're having a really tough time of it :frown:

What exams are you trying to revise for at the moment?
Reply 37
Original post by JamJam87
Omg this is for me!! :lol:

:biggrin:

OMG me too:ashamed2:
Original post by marty#e
OMG me too:ashamed2:

I hope it's helped you? What are you revising for at the moment? :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by JamJam87
Omg this is for me!! :lol:

:biggrin: